Project Saving Gracie" - Intro Day 14 - The gate is Down, Gracie is in the house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a few seconds I got to pet Lucky with one hand and Gracie with the other, at the same time... at that moment I whispered to myself... yeah... I think we are going to be alright here

Gracie is doing wonderful! She is doing better than I could expect! Her fur is getting shinny again, she is eating good food, and eating well - 2 wet meals and grazing on dry during the day, using the box faithfully, exploring the whole house, playing with the toys, and hissing less and less.
She goes bananas with the laser light! LOVES it!
She is also turning into quite a sweetheart... She approaches me with her head down, stops right in front of me and gives me this sweet little meow... Know what she means? Mom, I want love

And love she has... The best thing is, if a kitty approaches while I am petting her, she doesn't seem to mind... I can pet both of them. Same thing while she is playing - she could care less.
She is barely spending any time in her safe place now (bathroom) - she is always somewhere in the house - typically under my desk

The comedy moment of the day was watching her trying to figure out the water fountain - she took a bath!
She tried from the top, from under th stream, from the sides... didn't quite get the hang of it... didn't give up though!
She is looking so much healthier! I think she probably gained a pound already! I can barely feel her spine anymore
Poor thing was skin, bones and fleas when she got here! she is turning into a beautiful lady with no fleas fluffly shiny fur and some meat into her!
Doesn't like Pill pockets anymore, but it is ok, because Purina Whisker Lickin's works better for pilling anyways - they love it and it is so easy to mold around the pill... it works great!
Anyways, just wanted to update that I think we will get there... slowly but surely... She is not 100% yet, but I think she will be happy and loved here. I really do think now that we (me and the kitties) are doing the best thing for this little lovely old lady

Yeah.... She is ours!
Oh, and the kitties are doing great - nobody is stressed, and everybody is respecting her... Everybody wants to make friends, but are following her cues. I hope they keep trying and one they she gets to trust them... they are wonderful little kitties

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update Carolina. I've got tears of joy in my eyes reading it.

My most heart felt congratulations to all of you!

Now...about that signature!