Processed Food...the evil!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By the looks of it, Im already half-way there!
I hardly drink soda but drink water and green tea(not that fake bottled Liptpn stuff) as well as almonds and cashews. Gail C, I do actually have a pedometer but I never remeber to use it.
And C Dubbie, I remind myself every day to take it slow and not rush things in my cleanse. When I bake I use Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour, and switched to whole wheat bread. I limit my intake of enriched food to maybe one meal a day.
Thanks for your advice and support guys!

Oh! and about the clean out my cuboard...might not work so well as my mom will kill me if I throw half that stuff away. Im still trying to get her to stop buying enriched breads.
Campbells is the worse though!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You will find 4 teaspoons of sugar in 6 oz. of yogurt....or artificial sweetener.
Soups can have more than 40% of your daily sodium allowance.
When fat is taken out, some form of sugar or sodium is put in for taste.
Organic or healthy may not be....read those labels.

As for cost, compare what you are getting nutritionally for your money.
You will spend more time prepping food with whole food.
You spend more money buying processed foods, because they are processed.
Make it yourself and know what you are eating.

My rule: Being able to read every ingredient and if it reads like a chemistry test, forget it. Usually if there are more than 5 ingredients, I don't buy it.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, am I feeling self-conscious right now!

I like my Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. And my McDonald's...and pizza too! Not all the time, but for me, there are some nights that junky stuff hits the spot!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for starting this thread, I too would love the info.
I have been starting to eat better too. Natural peanut butter is good!
I bought a book called "You are what you eat." It's very informative on good foods and bad foods and everything in between!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple brand suggestions:

For peanut butter, try Krema. You'll never go back. If you don't have to stir your peanut butter and then keep it in the fridge, you're not even eating peanut butter. The ingredients in Krema are "peanuts" or "peanuts, salt". All my friends that grew up eating that stuff that passes for peanut butter try mine and about wet themselves because it's so good. (Also, no trans fat, which most brands do).

Mac and Cheese for you Kraft addicts: Annie's bunny pasta. They have tons of varieties and shapes, and about half are organic. I used to LOVE Kraft until I tasted Annie's. Now Kraft tastes watery and gross and a little like plastic. One tip: when you make it, use butter. Don't use soymilk. And do actually drain the pasta and scald the milk and make the sauce, then put the pasta back in. It doesn't have the same chemically anti-caking goo in it, so if you try to just dump the powder on the pasta it sometimes won't stir as well.

In general, I've found that organic/natural foods taste better and make me feel better. Not always, and I don't eat like a saint, but I can tell the difference. I've yet to find anything "kelp-flavored" that I like

Oh, and I grew up with crazy hippie parents. The sugariest cereal I was allowed was Cheerios with honey on them (not Honey-Nut Cheerios), and we never had pop in the house. Only La Croix (the carbonated water that comes in cans). I thought that was pop, but theres nothing in it but water and fruit flavors. I still get ill if I eat much sugar.