Problems With Gmail

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you use Gmail, are you having any problems with it? I set up an account a few months ago to use for job searching purposes. I can send emails just fine. Receiving emails is a problem. I nearly missed out on a job interview recently because the company wasn't getting any responses to the emails they sent me. They weren't getting any error messages on their end. They eventually called me and we set up an interview. Then they sent another email using another company email address and I got that one just fine :headscratch: Now I'm wondering if I missed out on other interviews for jobs I applied for because the emails are disappearing in cyberspace somewhere and the comapnies didn't bother to call me to follow up.

I can receive emails from other Gmail users just fine. I can also receive emails from my Hotmail account and email accounts that are .edu I tested my work email address (a .com one) and I can get those test messages in my Gmail inbox. But it seems like other .com email addresses and possibly others may or may not show up in my inbox (recently sent an email to a .org address inquring about something and have not seen a response yet) :dunno:

Yes, I've checked the settings and I do not have any filters or anything set. I've also checked all the folders and done a search and found nothing :dunno: Google Help is unhelpful. I've found discussions on other web sites from people having the same issue of not receiving emails in their Gmail inbox and it appears to be an issue on Google's end.:crash:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use gmail, but everything's working just fine with my account :dunno: All I can suggest is to report the fault to Google, in the hopes that they'll get this bug fixed. Sorry I can't be of more help :frown:

In the meantime, maybe set up a second hotmail account for job hunting, so you at least won't miss out on future opportunities.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The only problem that I have with gmail is getting too much mail, most of it asking for money. :biggrin: I've had my account for many years now, though, and your problem is ringing a bell in what passes for my memory. It seems to me that many years ago, I had a similar problem. It didn't last long and seemed to fix itself. The educated guess that I was given at the time by our IT guy was that a server might have been overloaded. This was a long time ago so I'm not sure if that's a reasonable explanation these days when computing power is so much greater than it was back then.

I hope this was just a very temporary glitch. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is similar to what I'm experiencing: Google Groups

I've done everything suggested in that thread to no avail :dunno: I'm accessing my account through the Gmail web site on a computer, not through a phone app.

I've posted my own question in that same forum. Maybe someone will respond with a different suggestion.