Problems logging on to TCS!?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to log on to TCS this morning from my ibook and it took a number of attempts to actually be able to. I then instantly lost it again

The error message read that 'www.thecatsite.com server could not be found'

I tried on my mac and seem to be able to log on just fine!

I was chatting to maverick_kitten and she has been unable to log on too!

I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing these difficulties or if anyone knew anything about it/way to solve it?

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Karen!
(Danielle text me just at the same time to let me know too!
)

It just seems a little odd that I am unable to get onto TCS from my laptop, but it is fine from my desktop?!!
I use the same dial-up connection for them both, so surely my ISP has cached it now?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Try emptying the cache on your laptop. That has worked for me before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Try emptying the cache on your laptop. That has worked for me before.
I tried that and emptying my cookies and starting again, but it still doesn't seem to be responding!

I should be setting up my wireless broadband within the next few days, so I'll format it and start a fresh - might just be completely full of useless information at the moment!

For now, I'll just have to get my TCS fix upstairs in my studio!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!!!!!!

I tried from 8 am until now and I could not access the site!! You wouldn't believe the amount of work I managed to get done in the interim, but I was going through withdrawals!

Anybody else have problems?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been able to access for about 1.5 days now. I tried this morning with no luck. But seems to be great now!

Edit: Oops...it seems like that long, I guess its been about 24 hours.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually my fiance has a fit if I ever go to his message boards... You see when this site wasn't working, my fish message board also went down (bandwidth issues). This isn't the first time the duo happened and he thinks its me. Unfortunately for my fish board...the downtime can be anywhere from 1-2 weeks.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been down for me most of the day, finally got in and a short while later it was down again - I was going through withdrawals! How can I be expected to make it through a work day without TCS?

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

Actually my fiance has a fit if I ever go to his message boards... You see when this site wasn't working, my fish message board also went down (bandwidth issues). This isn't the first time the duo happened and he thinks its me. Unfortunately for my fish board...the downtime can be anywhere from 1-2 weeks.
i didn't know there was a message board for fish....

hostgeekz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

You received connectivity problems while the DNS Propagated. This was because "Lazy Anne", as she is now known, never bothered to adjust the nameservers from the old server to this one(I was forwarding).

The vast majority of you should have received no issues as the update was changed instantly.

However there has been no downtime on TheCatSite server since I have taken over. We have been 100% up for the past 38 days for most people.

Now "Lazy Anne" makes that less than 99.99% which is obviously TERRIBLE.

I am disappointed and think that "Lazy Anne" should be made to pay.

-Scott

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have still been recieving emails from some people that cant log in (emails recieved in the last few hours)... should the problem be fixed now for these people? If not, how long should it take from now? Just so I can email these people and let them know

Thanks Scott - I had trouble a couple of weeks ago which lasted about a week, but this time I wasnt effected at all. phew!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by HostGeekZ

However there has been no downtime on TheCatSite server since I have taken over. We have been 100% up for the past 38 days for most people.
Scott, we look forward to you moving those numbers back to 100%.