Problem with cat that I want to keep!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

Thank you for your voice of reason GoldyCat. I agree with everything you've said.
I agree 100%, we are all major cat lovers on here and cats are our main priority and so is their wellbeing.xx

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I feel that it's gotten a little off-topic. The OP told us about the current situation and asked for suggestions. She got several replies giving various (sometimes opposing) options, which she is taking into consideration. I don't think it's fair to blast away at the OP for things that she hasn't done and hasn't said she is going to do.

The OP did NOT say that she is going to keep the cat no matter what. She DID say that she checked with the other people to find out if they actually owned the cat. They told her no, it was a stray that they planned to keep. The fact that the other people were feeding the cat at the same time as the OP does not give them a prior claim. The OP could have said that she planned to keep the cat and her claim would have been just as valid.

The OP said that the other family told her the cat didn't want to come inside and was afraid of their dogs. She said the cat seems to want to come into her house and is not afraid of her dog. She did NOT say that she intends to snatch the cat and force it to become an indoor cat.

The OP also said that she will be away for a week and that if the cat is still around her house when she gets home, she will take it to the vet to have it scanned for a microchip. She said if the cat is not microchipped and she ends up keeping it, she will have it microchipped and put a collar on it. She did NOT say that she is going to do all this without telling the other family. She did NOT say she is going to keep the cat from its rightful owners if she finds them.

Edielou, I hope you haven't given up on us. This is a site dedicated to the wellbeing of cats and people get very emotional at times. I do have one question about your original post. You mentioned another cat who tries to fight with the one you've been feeding and that it has several sores on it. Which cat has the sores? If it's your rescue cat, that's something the vet needs to check out when you take her, just to make sure she doesn't have an infection and need medication.
Hi,

I was referring to and opposing the advice EdieLou was given here- not to what she has done herself- I agree 100% that it was the right thing to do to put up those posters and that so far she hasn't done anything wrong and she does sound like a caring cat loving person

You are right- it's not the OP who is saying keep the cat no matter what.

I understand that you do things differently, but please also respect my oppinion, even if I'm in the minority with this one

regards,

Christine

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well we did kind of make a lot of assumptions and went off on a bit of a tangent didn't we,LOL.

No harm meant, of course we aren't all going to see the situation the same or see the best resolution the same. Thats what makes the world so wonderful, differences.

You are very much the voice of reason Goldy Cat.

phendric726

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think what Christine is confused about is that this other family simply also takes care of this STRAY cat. We had a few strays back in Indiana, allot of People in the neighborhood fed them, WE took them to the vets, We had shots administered, WE spayed and nurtured them, WE micro chipped them. They became OUR cats at that time. If you can say that anyone who feeds a cat owns it then I have four cats that are owned by at least 7 people.