Problem hypoglycemia

rosslyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I've a cat with hypoglycemia since two month, I did the ultrasound examination and the response is : liver with two hyperechoic areas, pancreas diffusely inhomogeneous... Blood tests show high triglycerides and cholesterol, glycemia at 39, low leukocyte and lymphocytes, BUN and creatinine slightly higher...the vet thinks of an insulinoma, so gave her cortisone and a drug called "Proglicem"...the cat appears weak and now has almost everyday facial twitching, so i gave her a spoon of honey... The cat have 15 years... What would she have? I don't think in an isulinoma, i think in a liver disease... Excuse me for my english :) thanks in advance.

Best regards 

Erika

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry no one has responded yet.  Unfortunately, it's impossible to diagnose your kitty over the internet.  Insulinoma in felines is rare, but does occur, and unfortunately, I don't understand medical terminology to know what most of what you posted above means.  Why not get a 2nd opinion from another Vet?   

I see that drug they prescribed her is used to treat hypoglycemia in HUMANS, and pancreatic cancer in felines (insulinoma).  Interesting...   I also do NOT see that facial twitching is a side effect.  Have you consulted with your Vet about that?  I do see that lethargy and nausea is a side effect, so it is not unusual that she appears weak.  Is she eating for you or are you needing to assist feed her.

I hope your little one is feeling a little stronger by now, hope the medicine is doing it's job.