Probably a small fatty tumor

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So a couple days ago I noticed a small hard lump on Jackie’s back. I’m freaking out and scared I will loose him to cancer. He is only 4 years old! He is a lynx point/part siamese.... and siamese are prone to fatty tumors in their old age.

My current plan is: it grows bigger I will rush him to the vet. If not he will get it biospied in Jan (holiday expenses, limited budget.) How concerned do I need to be? No open sore or anything like that.

This is the cat I’m worried about:
A16D27C0-F5D8-4955-B4D8-F752BFAFDAD4.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There is a chance that this is a fatty tumor, but watch it for any changes in size, texture, breaking of the skin. I am assuming that the lump is skin colored and blends in with the rest of his back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lump blends and no breaking of skin. It is under the skin & unless you are aware would not notice his fur coming up/out slightly in that area.

This weekend I’m hoping to use my mom’s pet shavers to trim the fur on/around his little lump so I can see it. It feels at most 1/4 inch big but is probably 1/16 of an inch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It disappeared about a week after I found it! No idea! I will be keeping my eye on it though........ for a few months at least. Maybe he got stung by a bee, again? (His paw doubled in size when he got stung by a bee.)