***Private feminine question of the ladies only please****

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

No, it says you have to take it out for sex.

I actually hadn't heard of cups before, so this thread has been really informative for me!

Gail - I'd be leary of using a cortisone cream down there. Stick with something gentle and non-steroid.
The DivaCup is medical grade silicone and very rigid. No, you can't have sex w/ it. However, the Instead soft cups can be left in during sex because they are only rigid around the top and the actually cup part of it is very soft and flexible

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oooh, i was looking at the website for the other brand one of the ladies was talking about, it doesn't have the bell shape it's cup shaped..
Ya, the bell shaped one is the Diva cup and the cup or bowl shaped ones are the Instead soft cups.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, you certainly learn something new everyday on the Cat Site!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Well, you certainly learn something new everyday on the Cat Site!
That's what I was thinking. I never knew anyone who used the diva cup until now.

I hate that *dry* feeling too! **Shudders**

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't normally drag up dead threads, but I need to rant. And this is already a female TMI thread, so I feel safe putting this particular rant here.

Last night, I got my period back for the first time since having Dani. I put on an OVERNIGHT pad WITH WINGS no less (since it's been four months pp) and STILL managed to leak over the end, through my undies & onto the sheets
OK, that tears it!!! I'm going to go and buy a Diva cup TODAY! Found one at our whole foods grocery just this week, and even though it looks a little intimidating, I'm totally motivated to give it a shot now.

I'd never even heard of the Diva cup until last week, when I read about it here and on another board I frequent. But you can bet I'll be trying it out very, very soon.

/end rant/

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

I don't normally drag up dead threads, but I need to rant. And this is already a female TMI thread, so I feel safe putting this particular rant here.

Last night, I got my period back for the first time since having Dani. I put on an OVERNIGHT pad WITH WINGS no less (since it's been four months pp) and STILL managed to leak over the end, through my undies & onto the sheets
OK, that tears it!!! I'm going to go and buy a Diva cup TODAY! Found one at our whole foods grocery just this week, and even though it looks a little intimidating, I'm totally motivated to give it a shot now.

I'd never even heard of the Diva cup until last week, when I read about it here and on another board I frequent. But you can bet I'll be trying it out very, very soon.

/end rant/
let us know how it works! i suggested that to one of my friends not too long ago (she bleeds extremly heavy during her time of the month and it's been like that forever- the doctors have tried different tests/pills/etc and not much has helped her.) I am lucky not to have that issue- so pads/tampons work well for me, but if i was a heavy bleeder i would definitely try the cup and see if it at least works.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've never been a heavy bleeder -- in fact, while I was on the pill (the entire 11 years i was with my ex-husband) my periods were so light I rarely used anything heavier than a pantiliner. And I really didn't bleed all that heavily last night, just the pad got shifted out of place, and I now have a spot to clean out of my beige sheets and white mattress pad (but hey, at least it's not the mattress itself!) I guess I'm more annoyed with myself for being, I don't know, out of practice? It's been a full year since I had to deal with a monthly. And I didn't even stain anything when I was bleeding post-partum!

But it seems like something is telling me the Diva's the way to go. I mean, I learned about it from two totally different boards in one week, I find it in a local store mere days after learning of its existence, and then I do one of the annoying things about your period that it's supposed to eliminate -- hmmmm, a sign????

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I'd use a plain cornstarch baby powder on the spots - anything with moisture (like vasaline) would irritate more in the heat. Be sure its cornstarch and not talc.

And try to avoid any tight fighting pants too.