Prism and her kittens

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkittykat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

tummy down, head up - the body may be diagonally raised up.  If the kitten wriggles, you may perhaps want to hold it in a cloth.   The dropper or straw or syringe in the corner of the mouth, press out slowly a drop at a time, so they manage to swallow one drop...  That is the trick.

Do NOT try to squieeze the content into the mouth, and definitely not into her throat from forwards.   Yes, there is some danger, but not eating is much worse...

As said, smear a little  thick honey water on her lips and gum.  It gives quick energy, as glucose sugar doesnt need to be digested. Goes into blood already from the mouth.  

Honey contains much glucose sugar.

So we know for sure they dont take from momma.  And they dont add no weight, its just the way downhill at this moment.   Fight on to have any chance.
Tried the honey water trick, she didnt suckle but it gave her  alil bit of energy to lift her head to call out for mum. Mum doesnt want her anymore. At this point were just feeding every hour to the best of our ability, with some honey water, and thts all we can do.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Tried the honey water trick, she didnt suckle but it gave her  alil bit of energy to lift her head to call out for mum. Mum doesnt want her anymore. At this point were just feeding every hour to the best of our ability, with some honey water, and thts all we can do.
I see, it seems as sheer despair and prayers left... Still, fight on!

Mommas often do abandon weak or sick kittens - in nature its a way to conservate strengh to help others survive....  Still such kittens can often be saved by humans help.

Giving her honey water does buy you time, but in the long run its not enough.   But if she learns to swallow honey water, you can perhaps trick into her goats milk or kmr.

Btw, with the very weaks;  honey water or pedialyte is best.  If the intestines has shunted down, they dont digest any longer.  Honey water / glucose works still as it goes directly into blood without digestation.  And thus is the best way to buy time, to give any chance.  At worst, to make the dying a little more comfortable.

But in a little longer perspective - if you can get raw goats milk it may do much.  Bottled or powdered goats milk is OK too, but not really better than kmr.   Still, another flavor, may be worth a try.

Keep her warm.  As momma is no longer warming her, you must give her a warming heat pad.  Or carry her at your chest.   Give her a stuffed animal as company.

Massage her, with your finger perhaps`?   Feels nice, and helps her being in shape.

lilkittykat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I see, it seems as sheer despair and prayers left... Still, fight on!

Mommas often do abandon weak or sick kittens - in nature its a way to conservate strengh to help others survive....  Still such kittens can often be saved by humans help.

Giving her honey water does buy you time, but in the long run its not enough.   But if she learns to swallow honey water, you can perhaps trick into her goats milk or kmr.

Btw, with the very weaks;  honey water or pedialyte is best.  If the intestines has shunted down, they dont digest any longer.  Honey water / glucose works still as it goes directly into blood without digestation.  And thus is the best way to buy time, to give any chance.  At worst, to make the dying a little more comfortable.

But in a little longer perspective - if you can get raw goats milk it may do much.  Bottled or powdered goats milk is OK too, but not really better than kmr.   Still, another flavor, may be worth a try.

Keep her warm.  As momma is no longer warming her, you must give her a warming heat pad.  Or carry her at your chest.   Give her a stuffed animal as company.

Massage her, with your finger perhaps`?   Feels nice, and helps her being in shape.
Weve got her on a luke warm hot water bottle, on a fluffy blanket, with a little soft toy. Her mother is near by, and im giving her little pats... I have kitten powder from the last little that my mum was caring for. Weve been using watery honey, as I dont have honey water or glucose.. Thank yu very much, I really appreciate having someone who understands walk me through this. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Weve got her on a luke warm hot water bottle, on a fluffy blanket, with a little soft toy. Her mother is near by, and im giving her little pats... I have kitten powder from the last little that my mum was caring for. Weve been using watery honey, as I dont have honey water or glucose.. Thank yu very much, I really appreciate having someone who understands walk me through this. 
Im meaning simply some honey solved in water, the same as a sweet water.  So yours watery honey is surely OK.  You are doing good!

Im feeling with you in these your days of  truth.

lilkittykat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Im meaning simply some honey solved in water, the same as a sweet water.  So yours watery honey is surely OK.  You are doing good!

Im feeling with you in these your days of  truth.
shes getting croaky, and can barely lift her head. i think shes in her dying hours

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

shes getting croaky, and can barely lift her head. i think shes in her dying hours
Yes, that is so.

Make it as comfortabe as you can for her,  and pray for her soul if you so wish.   Not much else to do.   

Sorry and warm hugs.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

So momma is still somewhat concerned?  When the times come, let her take leave of the baby her too.   Be sure she sees the dead body be carried away, so she wont mournt as much, nor seek that much.

Try to comfort momma in her mourning, which she probably shall have.  Show you do share her pain.

Next.

If she is good momma and full of milk, you may perhaps even try to get her foster kittens... this way you can still turn around this terrible defeating blow into at least a part victory.

If you dont do this, please spay her as soon as convenient.

lilkittykat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So momma is still somewhat concerned?  When the times come, let her take leave of the baby her too.   Be sure she sees the dead body be carried away, so she wont mournt as much, nor seek that much.

Try to comfort momma in her mourning, which she probably shall have.  Show you do share her pain.

Next.

If she is good momma and full of milk, you may perhaps even try to get her foster kittens... this way you can still turn around this terrible defeating blow into at least a part victory.

If you dont do this, please spay her as soon as convenient.
ive lost all of my kittens due to their mothers neglect.. i think im going to have to get her spayed

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ive lost all of my kittens due to their mothers neglect.. i think im going to have to get her spayed
I'm so sorry. I think it was probably the fleas that made them weak. Don't blame yourself or your cat.

Please do have her spayed. Having litter after litter is so hard on mom. She can be spayed any time now. She can also get pregnant any time now, even without going into heat, so she does need to stay totally inside.

lilkittykat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I think it was probably the fleas that made them weak. Don't blame yourself or your cat.

Please do have her spayed. Having litter after litter is so hard on mom. She can be spayed any time now. She can also get pregnant any time now, even without going into heat, so she does need to stay totally inside.
were giving her lots of cuddles, and going to get her spayed in about a week and  halff. She will stay inside till then. Thank you so much for your support 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
were giving her lots of cuddles, and going to get her spayed in about a week and  halff. She will stay inside till then. Thank you so much for your support 
That's great. Your girl needs you now. I really am sorry.

You're doing a great thing for her by having her spayed.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the site Team, I'm very sorry for your loss. If you feel up to it, please write a tribute to the babies in our Crossing the Bridge forum. I will now close this thread out of respect.

Rest in peace, little ones. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.