Priorities...cat first

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

The fly attendant said, "What a cute parakeet! Has it ever flown before?"

I've stayed home from work after my dog was neutered so I completely understand! my pets always come first

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of these stories are just awful! Hard to believe some people can be so cold hearted.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a friend that we just love, but his wife is a whole different story. She has a filthy mutt that she takes everywhere with her, even though she has been told repeatedly NOT to bring the stupid, aggressive creature here. The guys work in the shed at night after work, and she will come with her husband and bring the dog. Last time she brought it, it was in heat, and we had dogs howling all over the neighborhood. She wanted to bring it in to try to make the other dogs stop howling, and I told her I have cats, and no dogs were coming here. It has already injured one cat, not mine. She had the nerve to tell me they are just cats and if he killed one, she would go to the pound and get me another one. She started to bring it on in the house, and we ended up at 3 a.m. out in the yard, first screaming at each other, them actually fighting. The guys would not even pull us apart. Her stupid pitt bull hid under the car, whimpering, while he was supposed to be protecting her. Not only did I prove it is a stupid dog, but she got her butt handed to her by someone 21 years older than her. Get me another cat, I don't think so!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just keep in mind it wasnt the dogs fault that she's stupid and can't control her animal (just nature to the dog) my parents dog doesn't like cats and tries to chase them therefor we keep her inside so it's up to the master to take care of that.

I would feel the same way about my cats
I've changed shifts and left early to take pepe to the vet and my boss understands

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh yeah.

Apparently, I should be getting rid of Trout because I am moving 7 hours away.
"Its too much of a hassle to move with her"...like she is a big screen tv or something? um....no.
We're moving about that far too, and someone asked "Oh, so what are you doing with your cat?" Uh.... taking her with me? Weird.

I left work early one time because Zissou bit into a paint marker and then started puking. The emergency vet I paged said she'd be fine but if she puked again to bring her in. But my boss was very understanding, luckily I think they're all animal folk.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've left work early and gone in late on more than one occasion because of taking a cat to the vet. But I never tell them that's why, just that I have something to do, or an appointment, or something. They know I'm nuts about my cats (based on the pictures on the wall of my cube if nothing else), but I don't care to take a chance that something will be said about it.

Of couse you should put your ordinary stuff off when your cat needs attention!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WhenI had to take Siam in for bloodwork (there was a window of time to get it done before the weekend) I could not find anyone to relieve me. So I had to leave and run him to the vet, thank goodness they kept him until I came back in the afternoon. It was an almost 50 mile round trip that i made twice that day. My boss said go for it, I had all my mail ready to go out on the route. I was back to deliver it by 10:00 am.
When I had to have Siam PTS, I called the sub Sunday night and gave him the "option" to work the next day or I would call my boss and have him required to work the next day. I was in no way going to work that day, they could have fired me for all I cared. My boss and all of my co-workers are animal lovers, so they understood. But if they hadn't, it didn't matter to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that my boss has two cats. He never talks about them ( he is very closemouthed about his private life) but when I was about to get Holly you could just tell how much he loved his own two cats. So far I haven't had to ever call in sick or anything for the cats, but it's nice to know that I probably could.

And wow that crazy dog lady story, it reminds me of so many awful ignorant self-important people that are out there.