Princess-Need vibes please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well she had more tuna today and is resting under our bed. Benson did chase her last night so at 4am I had to lock her back up
I wish he would leave her alone at night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom's back and Princess is back to hiding under her bed. Mom is trying her best to lock her in at night which is when Benson attacks her most. Mom is horrible at changing her way of doing things which is making this harder. She did pee just outside the room and tried on her bed once. Still hasn't been a week to really tell if the meds kicked in.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh....this isn't a good update

Are you supposed to bring Princess back in for a retest or just if she starts to pee on the bed again?

Have you talked to the vet about maybe behavior modification medications. My Izzy was on prozac for two years before she passed. She was a social misfit and was terrified of the other cats. She was picked on by Stomper, but Izzy herself would terrorize Zoe.

The prozac stopped the peeing outside the litter box and helped (but didn't cure) the social issues.

This is a really good article and may be of some help
http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proce...1038&O=Generic

One thing I did notice is that when Izzy would attack Zoe it always turned out Zoe had a bladder infection. In truth, since Zoe has chronic cystitis, Izzy's behavior towards her became a early indicator that Zoe needed to go to the vets.

I wonder if Benson's behavior is because Princess is sick.

Lots of still coming your way