Prince's Temporary Freakout...

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I want to know what happened here, and I figure you guys are the best to ask. I just got back from the gym with a pretty vigorous workout that is unusual (I say that because unusual is important). I come home, and you know how Prince is ALWAYS at the door, laying down ready to be cuddled. That didn't happen when I came in.

Rather I'm not sure what occurred, I came in and he didn't come to me or lay down. Nikita was at the door, so I let her sniff my hand and she started to rub it and lick my hand. I went to Prince, he ran under the end table. His ears weren't back and his tail wasn't bristling, but he wouldn't let me near him. I went to try and stick my hand out for him, but he ran to the bed. Eventually, while he was at his space under the bar stool, he let me come up and pet him though was leaning away a bit, but he's calmed down, I don't know that he looked fearful of me, just not wanting me near him for the moment.

One one hand it looked like I was coming in during one of their playtime things, so maybe he was still in play mode because he looked like he was in play mode, running all over the place. On the other hand I thought maybe he wasn't used to the smell of me working at a gym, but Nikita didn't seem to have an issue. The other thought was maybe it was because I went to Nikita first instead of him? It was so strange that I thought something was wrong with him, so I figured I'd ask you guys for input.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Granted he IS currently in his hyperactive mode, running all around and trying to play with Nikita.