Prez is coming to my city...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
President Obama is coming here tomorrow. Just found out he will be eating at a Sub Shop a couple of miles from where I live. They do have the best subs in town and are always packed. I was told not to try to get anywhere near that area since most of it will be closed off.

Don't know where he is heading after that or if he is making a speech, I know he will be going to NY after leaving NJ. Wish I could see him but I'm sure I won't be able to get near where he will be. Anyway it's nice to know he is coming to my city

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very cool. You are probably wise to stay away, though. When we had the DNC downtown in '08 I stayed far, far away from downtown Denver. I'm not big on crowds...

dave_ph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That used to happen here a lot when Bush was President. He used to come to Tampa a lot because one of his favorite resturants, Bern's Steakhouse, and US Central Command (MacDill AFB) are in town. They'd stop all traffic at a major artery near where I work when he went to dinner at Bern's around rush hour. Access across the Bay would be cut for hours.