Previous owner trying to reclaim my cat??

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Today I found out (from lurking facebook) that she's going on vacation with her friend, before I even leave! Which (since I gave her a fake move out date just in case she trails me to the airport or something), means she's actually leaving BEFORE I am! (she just doesn't know it) So I think with her trip, she's focused on that and won't even remember she's supposed to be wrecking my life. Like let's face it, she never cared about this poor kitty and since she's at another safe location anyways, roommate's gonna leave for her trip, and I'm gonna move off into the sunset with MY cat and all will be well

Exactly.  Don't worry about this anymore.  You've got one foot out the door, so just focus on moving.

Your cat is one of the all -time luckiest cats in the world to have ended up with you.  My heart aches when I think of what she went through with that beast of a roommate.  And what this woman did with the dog was disgraceful, but leaving that poor kitty on the freeway ... my God. 

I know there are a hundred ways she could get another cat but if I were you, I would notify every local shelter and rescue organization about her so that at least they can put her on the DNA (Do Not Adopt to) List.

Many blessings and thanks to you for taking this kitty into your heart and life, and for protecting her.  Much luck and happiness to you both - hope you'll stick around TCS and update us when you're settled in your new home.

Last edited:

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds great! She doesn't care she just wants to try and show her authority, nothing but a big fat bully!

I am so happy someone like you has given your cat the chance of a loving and secure home. I still cannot fathom how people can be so cruel (mine were hand reared from two weeks due to another beast of a woman) and it breaks my heart. Thank God for us cat lovers =) enjoy your new life both of you x

agentspooky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with everybody else, and good luck with your cat, but may I add that I would report her to the SPCA about everything you've witnessed and heard. What will happen to the dog when she goes off to college (where, God willing she'll devolope some level of sense)? You can make an anonymous report if you even suspect anything, so I wouldn't hesitate.