Pretty sure my cat is pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cindarenea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Idc about your opinion... All the kittens already have homes and Miley is my baby.. I didn't want to take away her chance of having babies. I am fully aware that they are over populated but i had homes lined up as soon as i knew she was pregnant and all of the people who are getting one i trust with taking them to the vet ect. I wouldnt just hand them out of a card board box in the parking lot somewhere to just anyone. And my male is getting fixed next week, right now i have him locked up in the bathroom and only let him out when i can watch him. 

cindarenea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope she doesn't get mad again like last time.. Ill change it tomorrow since that will be two days.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope she doesn't get mad again like last time.. Ill change it tomorrow since that will be two days.
She will get over it. It's better to change it every few days to prevent odor and to keep the kittens clean and healthy [emoji]9786[/emoji] You don't want them to crawl around in their own feces!

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@cindarenea I understand and I didn't mean to upset you. The thing is I DO care about your opinion (and anyone else who has a similar one).

Cats don't feel any joy from having kittens. It doesn't make them more rounded. There is no evidence whatsoever that says they enjoy this process. Any psychological response observed is merely her reaction to hormones her body secretes. Cats procreate to further their species. Cats, (and other animals) are so efficient at it b/c keeping their species alive is part of their DNA.

We as pet owners have a responsibility to prevent further procreation simply b/c cats (and dogs) are extremely overpopulated. I know you are trying to be forward thinking and find homes for these cats. But every home that takes one of your cats will not be adopting from the overpopulated shelters.

So what if everyone you give a cat to doesn't get them altered. Yes some will, but most likely some may "decide to let them have a litter", just like you which means more needy cats go without homes. It's a vicious cycle, that is SO EASY to stop.

If I haven't gotten through to you, then so be it, but maybe someone else will read this and understand.

cindarenea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand what you're saying and i agree 100%. But it was my decision to "let her have a litter", you may think it was irresponsible and that's okay. This is the only litter she will ever have and id like to enjoy watching her be a great mother instead of being bashed on my decision.. :D  

cindarenea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As soon as i posted that i changed it and she didn't mind one bit :) I think she just did that the first day because she was still adjusting to having them and didnt want me to hurt one.. She had to earn my trust i guess lol.