pretty excited. our newfound stray discovery!

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!!! So you may have seen my last post asking if the stray i found was pregnant. Well tonight when my boyfriend went to work i went the bathroom to pee. Well our new kitty was laying on her box purring. She let me pet her tummy (yay) and she is getting some boobs! You can seriously feel them now yesterday she barely had any. Well after that she rolled onto her side &I was petting her really softly (didn't want to hurt anything if she is pregnant) i felt a little lump pop up near her hips below her ribs (tummy area) a couple of strokes later it kinda felt like it was moving & than disappeared! Was i feeling a baby kitty wiggling around?? It was kinda big like a golf ball i guess. She is now eating about 1 bowl of food compared to her can of wet food & bowl & a half yesterday. She seems more mellow too. Wants loving but content to lay on her box purring. Any info would be great! I have NO idea what to expect as 4 of my cats are male & only 1 is female at nearly 11 weeks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also how likely is it for a cat to only have one or two kittens? She is small & not uber fat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
1 - 2 kittens isnt not that unusual.  Although most get more.   :)

Good luck!

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Progress report. She decided she wanted tummy rubs today & as i looked i noticed 4 of her nipples have pinked up, lost the fur around them, and are producing milk. Idk how long til she's expecting. I can feel little tiny things wiggle around before disappearing (especially when she's eating). Almost feels like they are rubbing against my fingers & suddenly they are gone. Also she is getting alot lazier (laying around in the bathroom floor, windowsill, & on/in her box). She snacks on her food (generally when i come to check on her & pet her. She's also quieter. :) I'm excited!

izzyrobinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She will likely have her kittens soon. Cats produce milk a few days before birth and some only produce it after they are born. This is what I have read so I could be incorrect. Good luck

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Posted newer photos. People tell me since she's developing milk &I can feel the babies move around that she is due any day. Thing is she's not really big like pictures of other peoples cats & around her back legs isn't big but kinda skinny (she's boney all over except the middle & her tummy). Should i be worried or is this normal for a smaller cat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She has prob a quite small litter. Which is good for her, as she is a little undernourished = skinny.

Good luck!

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea. When we found her she was all bones. But she is eating good & getting fatter. I give her kitten milk & kitten food. I kinds saw them moving against her skin tonight instead of just feeling them. She randomly suddenly licks her who-ha & nipples. I don't know how to take her temp. She is sleeping more too. My biggest worry is the kittens not being big enough & the fact the only 4 nipples pinked up & fattened up & are filling with milk

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 I don't know how to take her temp. She is sleeping more too. My biggest worry is the kittens not being big enough & the fact the only 4 nipples pinked up & fattened up & are filling with milk
One way to take temp is simly in the armpit. Foreleg or back leg you decide.

Perhaps best foreleg.

In Celsius, they have usually 38,5, under the legpit it will be about 1 grade lower, perhaps 37,4...

In Fahrenheit they have about 102 - I dont know what it will be under the legpit.

Get her normal temp measuring a couple days running in the same pit, so you have a reference, and after it you will se changes.

- I presume you are thinking on the temp drops down some shortly before delivery?

The standard measuring is in their behind, but we dont recommend it here: why stress her??

The nipples will surely ripe up when her times comes.  Many cats get milk flowing firstly shortly after the delivery, so she is anyway before the scheme.   :)

And "kittens not big enough"... as long as they arent premature they should make it. Not all are big fat babies on 110 plus.  Some are smallish about 70.

Good luck!

Last edited:

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much :)

desu827

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awh! Congrats to the mama kitty and to you! I too just took in a pregnant stray. I'm just as excited as you are :D (even though i've been through cat pregnancy and birth before) My mommy kitty isn't as far along as yours is, but she's close(: Here's some pics, you can private message me if you'd like!.

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is too cute! Keep me updated on when the babies come! I'm 19 so I'm sooo stressed hoping its all ok & we have healthy kittens! Lol

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Momma cat update: she is putting on weight :)I took her temp & its around 101.3 or higher (she gets irritated and walks off) i let her roam the apartment when the cats are asleep on my room. She walked around a bit following me than went to the bathroom again. We are *trying* to keep her out of the window (she makes an oof noise when she jumps down & today misjudged her weight & jump so she stumbled & fell against the wall a bit) tonight she ate less but still ate & she's been laying in her box the last hour or two. :) my excited is growing!!!!

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she have them yet? My cat is carrying around 4 kittens and starting to loose balance I think it's a pregnant thing any way my cat Mikaela is due any day

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope. No kittens yet. She did start ripping the paper OUT of the box i got her. And was in the window again today :/

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reminder to stay on topic in this thread. Post should be about EnvyKatt's pregnant stray, the progression of her pregnancy and birth of the kittens. Off topic posts will be deleted. Please start your own thread rather than posting pictures and making comments about another pregnant cat.