Presidents Choice wet cat food ok?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bloob & valo

Yes, it sounds like they changed the ingredients. The ingredients on the can, compare to others I've read, are pretty good! All that chicken is great. My concern is watching out for salt being high on the list of ingredients. And I'm not sure how I feel yet about yeast in the food, that's a personal preference at this point. For me, I had bought nutrituional yeast in the past, and then threw it out when I read another nutritionist's argument against putting yeast in the body.

Questions: is "ocean fish" the name of the fish (I've seen it in many brands), generic? What is "egg product"?

And lastly, the list of vitamins, minerals and taurine, if it's chelated from a natural product then it's higher quality than if it's a synthetic oxide or sulfate. But few brands use all-natural.
ocean fish is a fish from the ocean usually a no oily one... Yes I prefer to know which one.. I have called many companys and herring seems very popular yet they wont put herring on the label

egg product is like egg powder not the greatest since all the egg isnt in there , yet some protein and other stuff is left in it..

Slat is used for palatability, some good foods just dont taste good

brewers yeast is a good thing lots of viatimins and minerals it also helps with absobtion of some key things
.. if it says yeast call or run the other way

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

ocean fish is a fish from the ocean usually a no oily one... Yes I prefer to know which one.. I have called many companys and herring seems very popular yet they wont put herring on the label

egg product is like egg powder not the greatest since all the egg isnt in there , yet some protein and other stuff is left in it..

Slat is used for palatability, some good foods just dont taste good

brewers yeast is a good thing lots of viatimins and minerals it also helps with absobtion of some key things
.. if it says yeast call or run the other way
Awesome-thanks for the info!

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Watch this thread revival!

For all Canadians reading this: I just browsed through the pet food isle at the local Real Cdn. Superstore.  What else was I to do on a - 32 Celsius night (with wind chill)!  :)

President's Choice canned cat food is worth a look again. The price is comparable, or better than Fancy Feast Classics (when FF is on sale).

PC Turkey&Giblets (3 oz) has no fish, or grains (same as FF version).

PC Chicken (5.5oz) has no fish or grains (unlike FF 3 oz. version, which has fish).

There's beef  too, as well as some fish ones.  Most cans are offered in 3, 5.5 or 13.2 oz sizes (converted from grams).  Read the labels though - for example, the PC Turkey&Giblet 13.2 oz. has fish/brewer's rice as 6th,7th ingredient respectively.  Still, not bad though.  It will become part of my brand / store rotation.

There's a Nutrition First label as well, but didn't get a chance to look at it.

Last edited: