Preparing for kittens =D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gibbly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope e3e still waiting, which makes me think she wasn't as far along as I thought, which is ALSO making me second guess the number of kittens she's gonna have, either that or the two or three I expect will be big, otherwise I'm upping my guess to atleast 4, I've only had cats show earlier than 5 weeks if they were gonna have big litters (had one that had 7 kittens, think I mentioned her once, she started to get a bump at 3 weeks)

anyways, I HOPE it's not too much longer, the kittens have been kicking like crazy again after a few days of not moving much, so I think they want out xD, her breathing has been rather heavy the last couple days, but  she hasn't really been wanting to be messed with all that much, she even seems to get mad if I stare at her xD

she also has started doing this thing where if she's moving fast, like trotting, she'll stop, and flick her ears back and just stand there for a few seconds, I've noticed that sometimes it's when the kittens are moving, but not always, she's only recently started this.

she's also more nervious (she's already pretty much scared of everything) every little sound seems to spook her, I even scared her the other day by just walking past her u_u

As I said I would do, I have given up checking on her every 10 minutes, and am just like "eh, they'll get here when they get here", though every time I see them move my heart dies from excitement a little each time u_u

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tummy size means little, as does the time when they start to show. Along with kittens there's fluids in there, some cats have lots of fluid and not many kittens. Sometimes a small tummy can hide lots of kittens, they can really pack them in there and tuck them up tight. 

Doesn't sound like it'll be much longer. Is she inside now?

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with MM it sounds like it will be soon, especially since you have been feeling them move for about two weeks. 

Hopefully you have her inside so she doesn't sneak off and have them somewhere you can't find them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gibbly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I stopped letting her go out about a week ago, even when she would go out she would only be out for 30 or so minutes at a time.

she's been hanging around the basement laundry room alot lately, I've already got a few places set up down there for her as it is actually one of the safest places for her to have them, it's fairly warm all the time, and there's not alot of tight places for her to get into/nothing that could fall on her or the kittens.

when she sleeps, if she's sleeping on her belly, and not her side, she sleeps with her back legs so that her rear is up off the ground, is that normal? O3O

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when she sleeps, if she's sleeping on her belly, and not her side, she sleeps with her back legs so that her rear is up off the ground, is that normal? O3O
Haha that's a funny visual! I have never seen a cat do it but I'm assuming it's the only way she can get comfortable. Laying on her belly probably doesn't feel very good right now!