Premature kitten stopped gaining weight and is has now dropped 6 grams today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry :(

Big sigh..........I know how sad you must feel, I do too............

We knew all along it might happen, just didn't want to deprive him of every chance possible for him to live.

It may very well have been his chest. Nothing can be done about that, just not meant to be I suppose.

I do believe that he was meant to be cared for by you. You showed him so much love and he knows you tried.

Very sad...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jayangeles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry :(

Big sigh..........I know how sad you must feel, I do too............

We knew all along it might happen, just didn't want to deprive him of every chance possible for him to live.
It may very well have been his chest. Nothing can be done about that, just not meant to be I suppose.

I do believe that he was meant to be cared for by you. You showed him so much love and he knows you tried.

Very sad...:sniffle:
It just feels like somethings missing now. I'm so used to going in there constantly and checking that he's warm and fed and holding him and now it just feels empty. :/ I felt like I had this huge purpose to save him and now...well, you know.

His sibling is doing very well with mom. She stopped trying to move him around and calmed down.

I'm so upset, my aunt told me she doubted they'd make it at all. "How could some 18 year old kid take care of tiny kittens when their mom is having a hard time nursing them" was one of her statements. I wanted to prove her wrong, I wanted Hiccup to beat all the odds and prove he could do it.

We tried. That's the only thing I can find some semblance of solace, we tried everything we could.

If anything else happens with mom or the last kitten, can I still come on here and ask? I really do appreciate everything you guys' have done to help us. We gave him 8 more special days.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How sad, I completely understand.

You have done such a fantastic job! I am so impressed that you are only 18, yet worked so hard and vigilantly in allowing him the best chance possible for a life, and even more sorry now that he couldn't hang in there for you.

But you also learned alot from this too, I know you did.

You are a mamber now, and will always be very welcome anytime, updates, new issues, pictures, anything, we would love to hear from you again and know that anytime, we are here :)

Take good care of yourself, get that momma cat fixed and Chunk too, big hugs from me.

Just so you know, I had this grey cloud feeling today, sad for baby boy Hiccup :(

Little cutie boy, his little video clip, someday a long time from now, he will be there to meet you :) You will know it's him, but without a flattened chest, likely a little older so he is able to hop around you and play. Chase butterflies and bugs. Be the kitten he wanted to be. 

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If anything else happens with mom or the last kitten, can I still come on here and ask? I really do appreciate everything you guys' have done to help us. We gave him 8 more special days.
Yes, of course.  You are warmthly welcome.   

Although it is best you start a new thread.  (this thread will be closed soon, like is usually done in this Forum when the patient dies -  its sadly often with these weak newborn).

Perhaps you can add  a link to this thread, if you want for the readers to see the background.

I agree totally with Catwomans words of sympathy.

And re this aunt you mentioned.   It was perhaps her way to provoce you into action, to get you started to help them??   If so, it was certainly a total success!

RIP  little Hicckup!

Warm hugs!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
JayAngeles, we want you to know that all the team at TCS are so very sorry for your loss. You did indeed give him eight more special days.   And of course you are very welcome to start a new thread asking for any help and support you may need with the mum and other kitten.

As Stefan said, threads are locked after someone has suffered such a loss, as a sign of respect. We invite you to place a tribute at http://www.thecatsite.com/f/19/crossing-the-bridge as an enduring testimony to Hiccup.

Rip little Hiccup

​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.