Pregnant?

SamiFruitbat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A while ago, maybe 5 or 6 months, a female stray kitty was being terrorized by dogs in my neighborhood. (Sweetie) We looked/asked around, but we never found her owners so we ended up keeping her! She’s now pregnant (Maybe) and I’ve suspected it for 3 weeks maybe. She’s very large on the sides & her back dips down a bit. She also fights with my other female which I believe is also pregnant . The reason I’m on here is because she’s showing all the classic sign song of a pregnant cat. Except her nipples are still white! They’re swollen a little, but only the ends have a very slight pink tint to them. Is it possible that she’s pregnant even though her nipples don’t show it?? (Also, there is some kind of crust on them as well ‍♀)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All unspayed outdoor cats are pregnant this time of year, unless they're infertile. Get ready for a lot more cats! The average litter size is 4 so you'll most likely have about 8 little kitties making an appearance soon.

It's best to keep them indoors until the kittens are weaned and the mama cats are spayed. There are a lot of predators that target kittens, plue the mama cats can get pregnant right away after giving birth, and I don't think you want another batch so soon. Plus it's hard on her body to have back-to-back pregnancies like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SamiFruitbat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All unspayed outdoor cats are pregnant this time of year, unless they're infertile. Get ready for a lot more cats! The average litter size is 4 so you'll most likely have about 8 little kitties making an appearance soon.

It's best to keep them indoors until the kittens are weaned and the mama cats are spayed. There are a lot of predators that target kittens, plue the mama cats can get pregnant right away after giving birth, and I don't think you want another batch so soon. Plus it's hard on her body to have back-to-back pregnancies like that.
Wow, yea looking forward to all these fur babies. Thank you for the advice!