Pregnant??

Suki’s Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
5 weeks ago a stray cat showed up at my house. I started feeding her in a pet taxi and wasn’t finally able to catch her and bring her in. I brought her into the house on August 1st and last week her belly looks large and firm. Yesterday it looked smaller and today it seems to be a little bigger but not as big as it was last week. The pictures were taken today. Should I be worried that she is pregnant? She has an appointment to be spayed on September 13th but if she is pregnant we may have to change it.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's quite possible that she's pregnant, but I can't tell from these photos. Are you feeling any kitten movements?

I'm wondering if she is bloated from worms.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most vets will still spay even if pregnant. There are a million and 1 cats out there and many vets are fine with not contributing to the overpopulation problem. Plus it will be less stressful on the mom and then you won't have to worry about emergencies, c-sections, all those dewormings and vaccines kittens will need, plus kitten food for mom and for when they are weaned. It all adds up $$$

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suki’s Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has been dewormed. Not feeling any movement. I will try to get her in to see the vet sooner rather than later. Thank you.

Rbecker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Get her to the vet right away. Not all vets will spay after the kittens reach a certain age of development. It's more harmful to the momma cat if they wait too long.
That is what my vet told me.
I'm in a similar situation but my little girl is on the verge of delivery. Good luck!!