Pregnant Stray!

melon86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I'm new here.. And also new to cat pregnancy.

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. In early September I noticed this cute kitty always roaming the neighborhood. So one day I called her over and she ran into my apartment, purring loudly and very affectionate. I immediately starting feeding her because she looked very thin. Around September 30th, I noticed her belly looking bigger and I just assumed this was because she was eating very well from her visits with me. Then I noticed her nipples were bigger and very pink. I then assumed she was pregnant and decided to keep her inside because it's starting to get cold outside and I didn't want to leave her out there all alone. It wasn't until around October 12th that I knew for sure of her pregnancy because I could see her belly moving from across the room! The past couple of days she has been in and out of my living room closet, but not for long.. She seems to be sleeping in many different places, mostly out in the open. Today she isn't as friendly, she's no longer purring as much, and she tries to scratch and bite when you gently rub her belly. She's still using the litter box normally and still seems to be eating a lot.

Any idea how much longer for her?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also, much less movement in her belly today.
Oh, so it is prob the so called dropping - they are in positions now.    Anytime now!

She is surely a family girl who get thrown out when in high heat.  Or possibly, sneaked out to meet the tom waiting outside - and got lost astray.  Good you helped her!

I will paste some useful links.

Good luck!

Most of these links have been readied by our forumist  Red Top Rescue:

We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links regarding birth, delivery and newborns for you here.  After reading this information, let us know if you have any more questions.  And good luck with your approaching new arrivals.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Cat Pregnancy

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Premature Kittens

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

And also:

http://www.icatcare.org/advice/my-cat-having-kittens     ( This is a link to a group of articles on cat pregnancy, birth and kittens.   Read the ones on normal cat birth and on " when to wait and when to worry"  )  

Fleece or flannel good to use in the bedding for kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melon86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the response. I really hope it's soon because she looks extremely uncomfortable and I can't wait to meet her kittens!

melon86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I hope I don't drive anyone crazy with questions but this morning has been weird...

she is now acting a little crazy, trying to climb walls, running up and down the stairs, and scratching my daughter when she walks by her. This ever happen to anyone else?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay I hope I don't drive anyone crazy with questions but this morning has been weird...

she is now acting a little crazy, trying to climb walls, running up and down the stairs, and scratching my daughter when she walks by her. This ever happen to anyone else?
Reminds me when my younger residents feels hard in his tummy.  He runs up and down, although alredy teenager.  After a while he sits down and visits the litter.

Here, I guess its some sort of precontractiosn.  Unaccostomed to unpleasant sensations, she tries to run away from them.

Good luck!

melon86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was also thinking the same thing... It happens and then she is calm again laying around trying to rest, then suddenly hyper again.

melon86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a small update...

Her belly looks kinda saggy near the bottom and a little squishy behind her bottom nipples, is this milk?

melon86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the multiple posts, I also wanted to add that she's being even more careful while laying down.. She's always on her side, and now she won't put her bottom completely down.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its nearing, one step a time, nearing the whole time...

Rub her tummy if she wants and allows.

Good luck!

Last edited:

melon86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

She's been sitting in her litter box which makes me nervous..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They seems fat, rounde, suitable haired.  No prematures here no!     :)

One seems totally white.  If you arent  very observant and vigilantly watchful, he may turn into a point ("siamese-mix") in about a week, may also be somewhat later,   :)

Althought its not totally sure. She has enough with white to give him.  If dad had also white to give, it may produce a wholly white baby.

Congrats and  Good luck!

kysand7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww! They are adorable!! My kitty has had three so far. :)