pregnant stray, pls help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danerescue6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am starting to think she isnt pregnant even though she is HUGE and I know that she doesnt eat that much for her to be that big. Her belly is really tight when I touch it but she wont let me touch long enough to feel for movement.

Starting to get really ANNOYED

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by danerescue6

I am starting to think she isnt pregnant even though she is HUGE and I know that she doesnt eat that much for her to be that big. Her belly is really tight when I touch it but she wont let me touch long enough to feel for movement.

Starting to get really ANNOYED
Hey there....our rescue has had cats we SWORE were pregnant but it was either a case of false pregnancy or they had a really bad case of worms....one even turned out to be a neutered male.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danerescue6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its not worms, I have already had her tested. It is definately a girl and I have had a dog go through a false pregnancy but she didnt look as pregnant as this cat does. She is bulging at the sides and waddles when she walks. She looks miserable and when I first rescued her, she was thin but her sides were protruding just a little bit. She eats good, but not that much to be that fat.....I dunno....

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm assuming you took her to a vet to confirm the pregnancy? I was thinking the worst like tumors or something when I took Honey in. At least my vet ruled that out..

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for this cat, I hope you find out what is wrong with her.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my cat in to the vet on March 17, and I told the tech she was huge. We took her out of the carrier, and the tech agreed that she was, indeed, huge. They did xrays and tests (she was semi-feral, and we wanted to rule out anything she could give to my kitties), and the vet declared that she would have "at least 2 kittens" by "March 27 - at the VERY LATEST."

March 27 came and went, and Elsa started to look like a bowling ball with legs. Every day I was just sure she would have them. Finally, she couldn't even lie on her side - she had to lie on her back. That night I first posted on TCS, asking what to do about overdue cats. Early the next morning (April 6) she had 8 kittens. So, just like humans, it's wait, wait, and wait some more!