pregnant stomact is really hard

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
a couple of weeks ago I found a female pregnant cat(stomact like she ate a basekeball).I tried my best to find her owners but no luck..my problem is,I am afraid she is overdue but I can't really tell and I can't afford to take her to the vet at this time...her stomack is really hard and she don't seem to be nesting and she is still eating like normal...I don't know what to do....can anyone help?

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Darlin, this cat needs medical attention now, whether you can afford it or not. She needs to be assessed to make absolutely certain that what you are feeling is in fact kittens in utero and not a potentially life-threatening health issue. If you cannot provide her with the appropriate attention, then please ... consider contacting a local no-kill shelter or rescue which may be able to assist her.

~gf~

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrAzYbAsH

a couple of weeks ago I found a female pregnant cat(stomact like she ate a basekeball).I tried my best to find her owners but no luck..my problem is,I am afraid she is overdue but I can't really tell and I can't afford to take her to the vet at this time...her stomack is really hard and she don't seem to be nesting and she is still eating like normal...I don't know what to do....can anyone help?
Have to agree with Gaye...her life is in danger if she is overdue and isn't seen. If you cannot afford to have her seen, then contact all the rescue groups in your area. I would also contact vet offices and explain the situation and see if they would be able to see her for a reduced fee.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HI Thankyou for the replies...I am monitoring the cat,she seems to be about maybe 6 to 8 months old...she is walking,eating(purina cat show advance nutrition),using the litter box like all normal cats....She is milking and her bum area seems to be swelling alittle.I think I am going to call the vet right after I send this note.she still purrs alot and she does seem really happy....plz right back!!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

HI Thankyou for the replies...I am monitoring the cat,she seems to be about maybe 6 to 8 months old...she is walking,eating(purina cat show advance nutrition),using the litter box like all normal cats....She is milking and her bum area seems to be swelling alittle.I think I am going to call the vet right after I send this note.she still purrs alot and she does seem really happy....plz right back!!!!
Definately contact a vet and have her seen. Also...is she indoors right now?? I would confine her indoors until you determine what is the situation with her.

Katie

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ya she is...i put her in my bedroom with the door close...i call the vet and he said bring her in,in a week if no changes....

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ya she is...i put her in my bedroom with the door close...i call the vet and he said bring her in,in a week if no changes....
Ok....let us know how it goes...thanks for taking in this stray cat. Also, if you need a low cost clinic for when it's time for mom to be spayed...just let me know.

Katie

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the vet called early this morning and said he would see the cat on wednesday,also he said it would be better to keep him outside where she can be supervise.My house has a fense all around it so there is no way she can get out.she seems very happy outside and she is always asleep under my picnic table where I can see here.The vet said to keep lots of food and water around where she can get it..The cat and I r really close now that the vet said if the cat would go in labour it will probally want me around..

Also I am I found this site...very interesting and there is alot of great information...I would definitely reccommend it to other ppl ....

I will keep you all posted in the next few days!!!!!

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
did i read this right your vet told you to let your heavy preg kitty out side

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well the vet called early this morning and said he would see the cat on wednesday,also he said it would be better to keep him outside where she can be supervise.My house has a fense all around it so there is no way she can get out.she seems very happy outside and she is always asleep under my picnic table where I can see here.The vet said to keep lots of food and water around where she can get it..The cat and I r really close now that the vet said if the cat would go in labour it will probally want me around..

Also I am I found this site...very interesting and there is alot of great information...I would definitely reccommend it to other ppl ....

I will keep you all posted in the next few days!!!!!
Tanya....I'm more concerned with other cats getting IN. The problem with allowing her to remain outdoors is that after she has had her kittens, she can go back into heat...and going into heat is a calling call to intact males. The concern for me is that you could find yourself with unwelcome callers, mom getting pregnant again and the possibility of danger coming to the kittens. I think it would be a good idea to talk to your vet about the reasoning why he feels it is ok to have her remain outdoors. Also...you need to talk to him about the appropriate age to have her spayed.

Katie

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet said 4 week after she has her litter he will spayed her.and he also said he can take the kittens off my hands if I can't find them a home....He also said because she is a wild cat she might get visiouse during labour.He said alot of other stuff about needing needles but she can't get them done now until the baby is born.

crazybash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where I live is a very low income area where 90% of the ppl here are on welfare and/or some kind of pension...there r no jobs here and it is sad...so we don't really have any good bussiness here like vets and animal hospital...and the closes good vet might be 4 or 5 hours away and without no transportation it is hard and it suxs...but like the vet said wait till wed. and bring her in....about the outdoors..I have a tall wire fence around my house,which nothing can come in out back except mice and little things but that is rare....I found the cat about a 10 min. walk from my house in a wooded but not the woods area.....I put up signs and my number but no answer yet..and I am going to keep the momcat after she has her litter...