Pregnant sisters query..

kittywick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya All...

I just found this forum while browsing the internet for some information.
I have 2 female sister cats age 2yrs, both got pregnant within 2 weeks of each other. Felix, my black & white one gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens on monday 2nd febuary, all doing well as well as mum..

My problem/query is..lily the grey is due any time and keeps climbing in and feeding the the babies when felix isn't looking! I take her out carefully and she'll just sit by the side of their bed staring longingly at them as if to say 'i want my babies now'

Felix and lily get on great and are very close but..i was wondering if it will do them or her any harm...?? Sometimes she'll just get in for a cuddle then get out again which is quite sweet but i don't want the babies hogging all her milk before hers have arrived!

Thankyou in advance..might stay here a while i might need more help!

Kittywick xx

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The kittens that haven't arrived NEED the colustrum from momma cat when they arrive. It is full of the immunity that mom has and it's in the first few days of nursing that they will receive it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its important to allow kittens to have the first milk, so letting her in with the other kittens and them nursing, is not wise. I would keep them separated until she has her kittens. Then if they both want to share kitten duties and both nurse all the kittens, let them.