Pregnant Russian Blue I'm So Impatient Now

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I stumbled across this forum searching the internet for...I guess the answer I want to hesr/see!
Short background...isla Is a Russian blue.
She is 18 months old, and is my ANGEL!
I have 3 dogs and she thinks shes the 4th.
Anyway, shes day 61 or day 63..today.
This last week shes been getting increasingly uncomfortable bless her.
On Saturday morning she refused food and I worried she was going into early labour but she ate on Saturday night.
Sunday morning she decided to clean herself all over and only pick at her food.
Since then shes been giving out deep sighs and little cute groans just here n there.
Shes like velcro on my lap, but will get uncomfortable and ho to her bed, then she calls me and gets back on.
She will follow me literally everywhere and miowes at me as if to say dont leave me!
It's her first and only litter.
Today she was laying on my lap and she gave (what looked to me like a tiny push) and very quickly licked her ladies bits..plug maybe??
Currently shes laying stretched out under my coffee table where the floor is cool I guess.
I just wondered if someone could or would want to chat with me through this because I am going stir crazy waiting lol.
I've bred dogs and I progesterone test so I know roughly when to start bothering to watch but shes driving me nuts lol everytime she licks herself I'm like an eagle eyed mad woman...
Someone save me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll be hoping for two boys yes..
I have a waiting list for kittens x

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Quick update, her tummy felt a little hard like a contraction earlier shes not let me touch her tummy since which is very out of character for her...maybe she's in early labour?? Shes slept pretty much all day today only waking to get up and move or eat or drink..
Shes still eating but only little at a time...tail wagging at its finest and cleaning herself quite a bit more regularly.ive come to bed and shes run upstairs giving out little cute squeaks..
Please let it be tonight..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It certainly sounds like she may be laboring. She will let you know when it’s time! :)

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope so...
But I was told she should stop eating and have soft poop before labour
This true? X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Every cat is different, but many do empty their bowels in the day or two before delivery. Some cats eat between delivering kittens - mine did! Others will go off food. Just wait it out! :)

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pupils are quite dilated...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s another sign that she may be laboring and in pain.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be sure to feed her kitten food and some Kitten Milk Replacement as long as she is nursing. She will need the extra fat and protein.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I also think it sounds like she’s in labor, or getting very close. Keep us updated!

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Morning all, isla has come and got me out of bed and took me to her chosen box.
Shes kneading the bed and will kick out her legs and her pupils are dilated.
No waters as yet I reckon it could be a while as I've read time and time again waters go then its days before the real labour starts..
She wint let me leave her though, calls snd takes me back to her bed
Are we moving???

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have 3 babies so far..
She seems to be settled with her babys but I'm positive I can feel another still inside..
Her tummy looks still quite big too..
Is it possible shes taking a break like dogs do? Dogs pause for a few hours half way through... do cats do this??

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have 3 babies so far..
She seems to be settled with her babys but I'm positive I can feel another still inside..
Her tummy looks still quite big too..
Is it possible shes taking a break like dogs do? Dogs pause for a few hours half way through... do cats do this??
Her uterus is probably swollen. Cats do sometimes have breaks in labor, but I've seen countless posts on this site in which the poster is positive there's another kitten in there, but it's actually just the mama cat's uterus.

Islasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At first I was pretty certain there was another but she looks so content I think shes done, and thank God for it too 3 is the perfect number x