Pregnant Rescue Kitty

momofmaxwell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi.If you are going to let her go into labour.  I recommend you talk to people here on this group that know about kittens having kittens & be prepared.Don't assume she will know everything to do.That is a fallacy.IMO & the best would be to have her spayed.I know it sounds horrible but also seeing a kitten have kittens which i don't know if you have a lot perish during labour.And people post here asking for help during this process.Open mouth breathing etc.It is a tough call.Catwoman 707 would have something to say for sure.We all want it to work out.IT is not that we are against it at all.it is just how young she is & if you are personally capable of bottle feeding if need be.Have all the supplies ready etc.Kittens born do not have a whole lot of time for you to post what do you need to go get.How to bottle feed and the rest of it.Momma has kittens & momma walks away.?What do you do?.Or momma has no milk? Then what? All these things have to be thought of well in advance & the supplies,heating pads etc.It can be no walk in the park.JMO Or do you post to TCS? C.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will need all the advice I can get, I have a appointment next week Tuesday with Companion Cats to have her spayed, I am hoping they will tell me for sure if she is pregnant, then I can decide what to do,

She is about 6 weeks pregnant, she is  young about  10 month old or younger, and I have wondered some of these things about what to do in some cases. there is still a lot I am sure I do not know.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took opal  to Companion Cats yesterday, they said she was not pregnant so I had her spayed and ear tipped.

thank you again