Pregnant Ragdoll

airr_inn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 year old ragdoll is pregnant but I’m really not sure how far along she is. She escaped through a broken window screen three times before I was able to figure out how she was getting out, first in late November and twice more in early to mid December.

On January 12th I first felt the kittens move. Not excessively but enough for me to know she was pregnant. I’ve fostered pregnant cats in the past so I’m familiar with the way kittens feel rather than gas or purring, so I know I was definitely feeling the kittens. My concern is that I have been told repeatedly that birth should be 2-3 weeks after you’re able to feel the kittens move, but as of now we have no kittens and no signs of impending labor despite just having passed the 3 week mark since I felt the kittens moving.

She is still eating and drinking as usual but sleeping quite a bit, no real nesting behavior either. Yesterday I did notice she seemed to be a tad bit anxious and was wandering around the house a bit as well as moving from her nesting box to the floor and then back again. I was really staring to think that she may have them last night, but today she’s completely back to normal.

I’m not sure how accurate the 2-3 weeks thing is, but is this a situation where I should take her to the vet? She hates being in the car and I really don’t want to stress her out, but I’m worried. Hoping someone here will have some advice. Thanks!
IMG_7292.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since she sounds in no distress, I would wait it out. Sometimes you can feel kittens much earlier than 2-3 weeks before labor depending on the size of the litter. She definitely sounds like she’s nearing the end. Once you begin seeing discharge or the mucus plug you’ll know she’s almost there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

airr_inn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since she sounds in no distress, I would wait it out. Sometimes you can feel kittens much earlier than 2-3 weeks before labor depending on the size of the litter. She definitely sounds like she’s nearing the end. Once you begin seeing discharge or the mucus plug you’ll know she’s almost there.
That was my thinking as well, if it’s a larger litter it makes sense that they may be felt a bit earlier. I’ll continue to keep a close eye on her. Thank you for your reply!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are used to palpitate her, so you will also feel them earlier than most.

I guess it was the braxton hicks she felt and become uncomfortable.

Last edited: