Pregnant Queen Help

Rose08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I’ve been browsing this site a lot throughout my first queen’s first pregnancy and I am looking for some advice on when to expect labour to commence!

She is currently 61 days. Her nipples became enlarged and “crusty” at the beginning of week 4. The “crust” doesn’t look like milk, I think maybe they are scabs as she has licked all the hair away from her nips. Should I be concerned about this?

Her belly currently feels hard, as though if the kittens were to get any bigger she would explode! I can definitely feel the kittens moving around inside and even hear little noises inside her tummy.

She is normally very friendly and affectionate however over the last couple of days she’s been following me around (even waiting outside the bathroom for me) and seems extra affectionate. However, today she seems very affectionate but also very irritable. She will come sit with me and roll over for me to stroke her belly and then she will suddenly start whipping her tail and kicking my hand away.

I have not seen any milk from her nipples or any mucous from her privates.

She is a very small cat and I’m really worried as honestly her belly seems like it can’t hold anymore!

Any advice please?

Thank you

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Rub her belly!
Have some coldpressed cocoa oil or olive oil on her teats.

Get home some goats milk or kmr so you arent defencelesd if the kittens arrive and her milk is late.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you keep her 100% inside and away from intact males now?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: to the Site Rose08 I am glad that you have joined us. Pregnancy usually lasts between 61 to 72 days. What is her name? Wishing you and your feline family the best. Please let us know when the happy event takes place with photos if possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rose08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:welcomesign: to the Site Rose08 I am glad that you have joined us. Pregnancy usually lasts between 61 to 72 days. What is her name? Wishing you and your feline family the best. Please let us know when the happy event takes place with photos if possible.
Thank you :) She’s currently doing the whole rolling around on the floor thing so should be soon! Fingers crossed. She’s called Jasmine. I will keep you updated :)