Pregnant or?

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At 7 weeks she could have some discharge, doesn't for sure mean she's going to have them anytime soon. Many are waiting right now for kittens they thought were coming a week ago. It seems they keep us on our toes the last week or so and take plenty of time to prepare. Is there anything else that also worries you? Is the discharge foul smelling?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lily221

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's odorless. I've just never dealt with a pregnant cat so I was just assuming the worst. Thank you for helping me relax a little.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she's behaving normally otherwise I wouldn't panic. If you're not able to get her to the vet, all you can truly do is wait. If she seems okay and it's not a large amount of discharge she might be just fine. Fingers crossed!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Krissy here.  Good you realized it was a later mating, not some devilish problem.

If we presume it was an later mating, it seems its more or less normal.  Some discharges arent unusual, as long you are sure itns not pus or blood.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How often are you seeing the brownish discharge? How much is there?

Last edited:

lily221

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I only saw it a few times and it was a couple drops at a time. I haven't seen it today, though.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay. Let us know if you see more. Brownish discharge is usually not good.

lily221

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had originally planned to get her spayed in about two weeks because we thought she was in heat and wanted to wait for her to be out of it. However, I'm going to see if we can get her to the vet Monday (the earliest we would be able to go).