Pregnant Newly Strayed Cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So far so good!

Plenty of time to move them when mom is done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She did use it at first. She was in one when her water broke and started pushing. But it was like she got scared. She jumped up ran out and hid im a corner

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was wanting me with her all day. If i left the closet she would follow me and meow st me until i walked with her back to the bedroom. I sat in the closet with her while she was in labor. Her water broke she screamed and everytime she pushed she would scream. When she jumped into the corner i shined a low light iver there and there was a kitten. And for a little bit she kept getting freaked put by this kitten and i thought she was going to end up hurting it but then it wpuld cry amd sge would lick it. So i think it scared her. She is young recently abandoned and probably her first litter. She is under a year according to the vet

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Still just 2 kittens? Do you think she has more?

You can try to put a towel down for her and the kittens.

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has had 3 so far but one has died. The second born. It looks lije she chewed the umbilical cord to short...almost level to his stomach and it would stop bleeding

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And i did finally get a sheet down. She took a break to eat and when she got up i laif a sheet down for her and the kittens. The vet said 4 but maybe he was wrong. The first three came an hour apart from each other. It has been almost three hours since the third was born

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that a kitten bled to death. I'm not sure if you would have been able to stanch it or not.

How is everything this morning? Are they in the nest yet?

If there is a fourth kitten, mom will have it when her body is ready.

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. She had the fourth one right before i went to bed but it seemed off. But its still alive this morning. And she is still laying in her corner

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope it makes it. Just leave her for now. You may want to give her clean bedding or move her nest into that corner at some point.

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I already did. She got up to eat and I moved yhe nesting box over and put her kittens insidr and took the old beddimg out. One of the kittens were stuck on her tail. The claws got tangled in her fur so when she got up to go eat this kitten was just hangimg there amd meowing. She kept spinning in circles trying to get to it so i had to help her out. But she is content with her nest

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good move! Good you helped her.

She looks content. Look at those white kittens! :redheartpump:

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its been quite an experience one i never had and unless i find another pregnant female its one i plan on never having again. But i sat in a dark closet for hours and had water break on me while rubbing her belly amd saw kittens being born and cleaned and unfortunately i failed to save one

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have lost another kitten. I dont know why. He was gine yesterday morning and then last night found him dead. The smallest one is still the same size it was when it was born and it is basically just skin and bone. It is nursimg from its mother but doesnt seem to gaim weight. I have tried supplementing with kitten replacement milk but it spits the milk out. The other one has just about tripled im size and i would like to think it will be okay but the one last night that died was the same size. I have been expecting to fond the little one dead because it womt gain weight it alwasy has a low body temperature but i did not expect the ome last night to die and it took me by shock. Im starting to think maybe there could he a hereditary problem with them. There is not much the vet cam do with the little one. I just read online about fading kitten symdrome which the symptoms os the same this small kitten is showing but i dont know why it would have it. Could it be something hereditary?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it very well could be congenital. I'm so sorry. Keep trying to supplement the kitten though. :(

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It upsets me. I feel like im failing amd i dont know what to do. I just keep hoping for the best and at least one survive

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The last two died today. I even tried cpr on fhe last one because when i found it it was still warm and not stiff but it didnt work

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh no! I am so sorry. :(

RIP babies. :angel:

You did everything you could. They clearly had issues. Thank you for trying to save them.