Pregnant Momma Kitty.. some help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, her temp went down again. But I can really feel them moving around now. I also think she is breathing a bit differently.. so..

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up the courage to check and see if she was producing milk yet. (last time I checked she mauled my hand) and she is lactating!

Still feel the babies moving around.. alot more now then before even. She moans everyonce in awhile. When they get too movey in there though.
I would be moaning too if I had multiple babies kicking around in there.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw that you had posted and I got all excited thinking that he was having them!

Aren't you getting just anxious? I wonder how many she'll have?

Poor girl - I hope she's not too uncomfortable - I'd be moaning too if I had little kitties kicking all over in there!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I saw that you had posted and I got all excited thinking that he was having them!

Aren't you getting just anxious? I wonder how many she'll have?

Poor girl - I hope she's not too uncomfortable - I'd be moaning too if I had little kitties kicking all over in there!

Yes! I can't wait till she has them.. I have never, nor will I ever breed cats. And this is the first pregnant momma I've ever had
I hope I can continue to foster pregnant mums, for as long as it's needed.

I think there's about 3-6 in there.. but I can't be sure!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt it.. the kittens find homes very quickly, especially if they are there from birth, because they go on the website and people see them and what not.

But I'd like to maybe keep Checkers, if I am allowed.

She's a timid cat, and gets scared easily. When I went to pick her up that night from teh center, she was hiding in a small hole in a closet.. and she yowled the whole ride home.. so if I am able to adopt one of them.. it will most likely be the momma.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart for wanting to keep Checkers!
I'm sure she feels so safe with you now that you've had her - she is a cutie - I love her big belly she has now!

How old is she?

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm.. they didn't tell me anything aobut her... I sorta had.. a 'falling out' with the shelter. .but they were desperate for a foster home.. so they called me. So we didn't really talk much when i went and got her.. but by looking at her teeth I figure she's around 1 and a half to 2 years old.. and this will be her third litter. Poor Girly.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Umm.. they didn't tell me anything aobut her... I sorta had.. a 'falling out' with the shelter. .but they were desperate for a foster home.. so they called me. So we didn't really talk much when i went and got her.. but by looking at her teeth I figure she's around 1 and a half to 2 years old.. and this will be her third litter. Poor Girly.
Poor girl - will she be getting fixed after her litter? I'm so glad that she is a loving home!

Thats so sad - I just think its wonderful that you are taking her in and caring for her and her babies!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so great that you want to keep moma, instead of the little kittens. That's how I was when I worked at the shelter, I never adopted puppies or the little dogs (even though It was pretty much first come first serve and working when they came in gave me the chance to put my application in first)
I always took the underdog, the ones that would have been put down for age/medical/behavior/breed (pits, rotts, ect) issues. I didn't want to take a puppy that would have 6 homes lined up while the little older dog got put down. Hope checkers has a smooth delivery keeps us informed will ya?

thumpity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is also Pregnant and should be due any day by what you've been telling Leto86. She's also a 1 1/2 and its her first and my second even though I never saw my first birth happen, so I'm a wreck with how its going to go. I just hope for no deaths or problems.

I am glad that there are 5 takers ready when they are.

How exciting leto86!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Thumpity

My cat is also Pregnant and should be due any day by what you've been telling Leto86. She's also a 1 1/2 and its her first and my second even though I never saw my first birth happen, so I'm a wreck with how its going to go. I just hope for no deaths or problems.

I am glad that there are 5 takers ready when they are.

How exciting leto86!!!
Welcome Thumpity....I do hope you are keeping your girl indoors only and have plans to have her spayed once her kittens are weaned.

Katie

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Welcome Thumpity....I do hope you are keeping your girl indoors only and have plans to have her spayed once her kittens are weaned.

Katie

thumpity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I planned on it but didn't have the money untill it was too late. The kittens are born though!!! So far 2 right now a boy and girl. More to come I think.

I already have a date made for her to get spayed.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Thumpity

I planned on it but didn't have the money untill it was too late. The kittens are born though!!! So far 2 right now a boy and girl. More to come I think.

I already have a date made for her to get spayed.
Oh..please don't think that I was saying you should have had her spayed before...I just wanted to make sure you had plans to have her spayed after this litter is weaned.

Congrats on the 2 kittens so far...let us know if you have any additional questions.

Katie