Pregnant mama

Tngirl3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is echo. She is very pregnant, but we don’t know the exact date it happened. Our male cat must have gotten her right before he was fixed. We came home from vacation on July 5th and I noticed her belly was getting round.

last Thursday, august 3rd she started really producing milk. Her little teats are large and in charge now. She has been fine, I’m just a little anxious I suppose. I’ve read through a million threads and know what to look for. Today though, while checking her out….I noticed this on her lady bits and her stomach seems to not be protruding out the sides as much. She is still eating as recently as lunchtime today though.

Thoughts on how much longer she may have?
And yes, she will be getting fixed. It was my mistake.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It appears to be pre-labor discharge which can occur up to a week or so prior to labor and delivery. It is impossible to say when she will deliver, but she is surely getting close. Hang in there and keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tngirl3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She slept a lot today and has not eaten much in the afternoon. I have kept her near all day and noticed some digging in her labor box and at the floor. She seems a bit restless tonight now. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Tngirl3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are Echo and her babies doing?
They are great! Echo is a great little mama…. A little bit of a shock for me because she is a spicy girl! I think we have decided to keep the little girl as she is the perfect combo of mom and dad.

Attachments

Tngirl3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, me again! There was a local kitten found in a parking lot orphaned and is around the same size as my kittens so I agreed to try to take it in.
How can I get echo to accept this new baby.

I read online to get her kittens scent on the new kitten and I’ve done that but she still seems skeptical. What else should I be doing? I really don’t want to have to syringe feed this baby but I will if I need too

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has the new kitten nursed yet? Let it nurse and it shouldn’t take long for mom to accept the new baby. Just put the kitten to a nipple and let it blend into the kitten “pile.” Mom should accept the baby soon. Keep us posted!

If mom does not accept the baby right away, do syringe or bottle feed until the transition occurs. It hopefully won’t take long, but the new kitten must be fed regardless in the meantime.

Thanks for taking this kitten in!

T Tngirl3

Tngirl3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, she did growl at her when I first brought her in. I removed echo from the room for a bit and let the kitten sleep with hers to get her scent. She is letting her nurse now if I’m here, but seems skeptical. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Attachments

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I wanted to pop in and see how things have been going? Hopefully momma took to the foster kitten well and everyone is doing great.

Tngirl3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I wanted to pop in and see how things have been going? Hopefully momma took to the foster kitten well and everyone is doing great.
She did. Took a day or so but eventually she gave in. They are all around 3.5 weeks now. Eyes open and trying to walk.

Attachments

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
One is a girl for sure since calicos are always female. Goldens can be girls too but also boys. Not sure on the cow cat im gonna guess boy since my Kabuto has the same head markings but black.