Pregnant Luna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna is still breathing really fast. We know shes done with labor. She could be sniffing but i dont know

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks very content in her new nest!

Something that's important to know since you have an intact male in the house - mom can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, and without going into heat. She needs to be kept totally separate from dad until around a month after his neuter, or until she is spayed. He will still be fertile for around a month after his surgery.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom may be having after pains with the fast breathing. Please give her a dish of KMR a day for the extra calcium. She needs it for nursing, and it seems to calm the breathing.

Glad you've moved them! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shes doing a lot better. She seemed to be over heated so i got her ice cubes to lick and she seemed to feel better. I let Severus meet the kittens laat night. Made sure Luna was ok with it. She licked him a few times one the face and settled back down to relax. I held up little Luena to him to sniff and he licked her tenderly and then left. He looked so proud it was so cute. As far as neutering him goes, we're working on getting him in and if he is around Luna, it'll be under my suppervision. Or I'll put a harness on him lol.

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shes all plump and happy. Momma is taking very good care of them.

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I dont have a job at the moment. :) so I'll be with them often, keeping an eye on them.

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I havent weighed them yet though. I dont like worrying Luna :/

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should weigh them.  Do it in front of Luna.  It's important to get a birth weight so you know how much they have gained tomorrow.

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are doing great! Luna is being a great Mom. Today our 11 year old male got into the room and hissed at one of the kittens and Luna went after him and chased him out of the room. We're beong more cautious about it. I know he wouldnt harm the kittens but for Lunas sake we're gonna keep him away till they're older. But i have questions. How long is Luna going to have Diarrhea? Should i be alarmed that shes not drinking water?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The diarrhea should clear up soon. Give her a dish of KMR to drink. She needs the extra calcium.

Is she eating wet food? That gives her moisture. She'll drink water when she wants it.

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah i have here drinking KMR everyday and she eats wet food up to 3 times a day or more.

henaradrathmir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna and the Kittens are doing very well and are very healthy. Luna is still very skinny but the vet is helping with that. I'll post some current photos of the 5 little angels.