pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thecatfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im just worried she will have them somewhere i dont know and something will happen. i often find her trying to get under the couch . if she has her babies there something could happen. im just worried....

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhere out of the way no drafts where no other pets will go away from

human traffic.  I placed a stack of doggie pee pee pads on top of her bedding so during delivery I just took one away after every birth...easy clean. Inexpensive at dollar store.  Most cats will try for the under the bed but it's hard for you to access monitor hands on.  Chopping down a box adding bedding placing in different spots helping her find the right  'spot' helps. 
  beside the bed with blanket draped over a little as curtain usually works after birth.  Lots of info on the links mentioned :)

Last edited:

thecatfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i really appreciate it. This helps .. im so excited for kittens just worried things will go wrong. thanks anyway!

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous Calico  Don't be nervous or panic when it's time, stay calm just come back here to type you're in good hands lots of kitty midwives will guide you through it  
  They're a Very Brave Group!  Good with handling first time mommy cat Births    
    Congrats!      

*agree she does look small...

thecatfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou so much . 

thecatfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
whats the best food to feed the queen during pregnancy for her and the babies?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten food, wet and dry.  it has more nutrients and fat than adult food and she will pass it on to the kittens growing in her womb.

Don't change her food all at once she will get diarrhea.  For the dry mix a little of the new food in with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new food.  With the wet I've heard it isn't a big deal switching but I have also heard that should be done gradually as well.

thecatfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou verrry much:)