Pregnant kitty number 8

Kris_cat_lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I’m new here. I foster pregnant cats, help them through their pregnancy, birth and raise their little kitties then they go to loving new homes and mama cat is spayed before also going to a loving home

Ive currently got my 8th pregnant cat named Minnie. She’s been vet checked (on arrival to the shelter) before she came to stay with me. We guess she is around the 9th week now and due any day. I can see what I think is the mucus plug on its way out so keeping everything crossed it’s all over for her soon.

Are there any others on here who foster pregnant cats like me?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The mucus plug goes in theory "immediately" before the delivery, but in practice it may be one or even 2 weeks left...

Has she dropped?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi and Welcome! :hellocomputer:

We have several members who foster and post to this forum about their pregnant fosters and subsequent kittens. Take a look around and hopefully some of them will also respond! Thank you for fostering! We’d love to see pictures. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kris_cat_lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The mucus plug goes in theory "immediately" before the delivery, but in practice it may be one or even 2 weeks left...

Has she dropped?
yes she’s dropped. We've been seeing the kittens move for around a week now, so it's looking like days rather than weeks. She’s also drinking a lot more compared to this time last week. And there’s been an increase in licking and nesting the past week too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kris_cat_lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s having the kittens right now! There wasn’t much longer to wait at all. Kitten number 1 was born at 15.35. All fine from what I can see and I’ve seen the placenta. She came and fetched me and has chosen the bottom of my wardrobe as her space :hearthrob: