pregnant kitty missing teeth? lied about age? fiv?

loveskittys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! last week  I took in a kitty from craigslist she was posted as follows, FREE  3 to 4 years old very friendly never ben to the vet possibly pregnant will be put to sleep if no one wants her! the add for there other cats is still up on craigslist in Kenosha Wisconsin under pets so I called the number and when I started to ask questions about the cat they simply said please come meet her you wont be sorry so I took the 45 minute drive to Kenosha to meet her I own a cat and have one pregnant foster already I have a weak spot for the Siamese and she is truly beautiful upon arrival I called to say I was out side and was meet at the side walk cat in hand then asked if I wanted any other cats as they could not have cats there anymore and would be taking them in to be put down I declined asked to hold the cat she handed her over and began to simply walk away  I could tell she was pregnant and scared but happy to be pet I sat in my car for awhile in front of there house and decided I couldn't leave her there I called there number to tell them id be taking her and got a thanks and click so I got her home she had no fleas and clean ears she was hungry ate a lot slept all day and when she woke up she was the sweetest cat ever so loving and friendly with me my son and the other cats I called the vet and he told me if I had no true concerns to bring her in after her kittens were born so everyone can have a check up well I have no idea how far along she is I could be expecting one baby tomorrow or 5 in a few weeks she's very small id say the size of a seven month old cat and has a tiny belly but defiantly not her first litter her nipples are tough and there is no hair around them and  they are listing there other cats on craigslist as half Siamese (they are black Kitty's) and it says there almost two so probably her kittens  I've left them a few voice mails and have gotten no return, long story short lol she seems to be in great health and very content I've had no concerns until yesterday while she was sleeping I noticed she was missing teeth the small ones between her bottom fangs I cant see if she's missing any more and I don't want to hold her down and look I called the vet and he said that it can wait until her check up as long as its not affecting her eating and there is  not much they can do while pregnant so I'm taking to this forum in hopes some one can give me some advise I've ben researching this and think she may be older than three much older or maby  have fiv they did say she went outside from time to time either way shes captured my heart and I will be keeping her  permanently Ive never meet a cat so grateful she purrs while she eats purrs while she sleeps purrs while she drinks and looks at me with her huge blue eyes and I cant look away shes truly happy here and so well adjusted already Ive ben able to not keep any of my foster mothers of kittens up to this point and its ben hard but I'm breaking my rules for her 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I see this is one of the cases where even a rescuer may let some of her principes go.   :)

You were lucky here, like she was.  Some of the purring is of course, her understanding you are her best practical chance, so she does her outmost to please herself in. But who complains?  You would take her even if she werent so nice and friendly, and you had to work on it.

Its a little peculiar the vet doesnt recommend to look see on her. Perhaps he is thinking about your wallet, which is considerate of him. But you do have resident and preg foster. Taking in some new cat, with a VERRY unclear background, is our standard recommendation to a vet check before you let them meet.   I understand the old place saying she was never to a vet they meant = she is completely healthy. But as we know there was something funny with them - it also means they dont leave any quarantee. Not any.  So, I would do the vet check anyway if you do afford.  If not else, so for peace of the mind. Giving also a quarantee to the adopters of her kittens.

FIV?  We cant know, but my spontane comment is, if you must have a FIV+ cat toghether with your residents, so it is she. A very friendly cat, who behaves herself, no hysterical outbursts either.  As high stress risks the sickedness to burst open.  FIV by itself istn high contagious. If they dont bite each other into blood, the contagion danger is practically nil.  So you can have her with the others.

Observe also, the cheap quick tests arent entirely reliable. They are OK for saying not fiv/felv, but a positive test, yes test, isnt reliable.  IF you get a positive yes test, take this more costly and more reliable test too, before you decide on anything drastical.

Last about her old place.  Their behavior is a little peculiar yes.  But their leaving her in your arms and go away isnt.  This was essentially a selling trick.   You holding her, purring, in your arms, without them near stressing you, made you an easy buyer.   :)

It is like a car seller who lends you the car home over the weekend.  Nice and friendly?  Of course. But really it is only a proof the car is OK, because you can check it out thoroughly. But having it home almost like your own, you do feel it is like your own.  And thus, you do buy it, often dont ever bothering to drive back to theirs place.   :)

Tx a lot for caring!

Good luck!

Welcome to our Forums!