Pregnant Kitty Has An Odd Nipple, Worried About Nursing

Shaught1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, this is my 1st post on this page, though i am guilty of googling the poo outta any and all things kitty pregnancy related. I cant seem to figure out whats goin on.

We have 2 cats, Jack and Gwen. Gwen is pregnant. Yes, i was irresponsible and didnt get them fixed early on...please dont lecture me... i feel bad enough already. Buy They will both be fixed. Him on Thursday of next week, her once shes able after giving birth. Im not 100% sure on how far or whatnot. But since she started pinking, ive noticed she has an odd nipple pattern, 2, growing less than a eigth of an inch from each other..i cant explain it any differently. :-/ im afraid shes going to have an issue nursing. Ill attatch a picture for better understanding.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The nursing may be a problem if its a big litter. BUT if its a big litter, you probably want to rotate them anyway. Half on, and the other half off taking their midday nap elsewhere in a little nest with their own little heating pad.

But as you do have access to a vet - you can ask this vet too, perhaps.

A little peculiar pic. These teats are visible, they seem healthy and fine, but what it what in rest, I really dont see... My wife didnt see either... :)

What is all this bare skin, its your hand or is it her tummy?? And why bare skin on tummy?

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If there's only one occurrence of this double niple formation, it is unlikely to cause any problems. Kittens choose their preferred nipple early in life and if they don't like that one, they can choose another. Most wil probably like that one as long is it produces, and if both of them produce, one kitten may claim them both, as it would be an easy move to go from one to another,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shaught1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All together she has 11 nipples, the rest are spaced out evenly. But these two are very close together. Just worried me. :-/ thats my hand you see as bare skin. I was tryin to show it as clear as i could but shes super fluffy and was laying on the couch and didnt wana move n work with me.... so i showed as best i could.