Pregnant Kitty Giving Signs But Being Confusing! Help!

larorig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I am in desperate need of answers for my sweet baby Nala. She is almost 3 years old, I rescued her 2 years ago, and was told she was spayed. She loved the outdoors and got pregnant last year and had what i’m assuming was her first litter in June. 4 kitties. Now she has gotten pregnant again because under unwanted circumstances she could not be fixed (I tried twice). I definitely will not lot her out at all until she is fixed this time, so please no comments on that.

I have been able to feel her kitties for 13 days, that’s when I brought her back inside was 13 days ago. She wanted all the belly rubs and attention when i brought her in but now the last two days she bites me lightly if i touch her belly. She’s been acting weird, running across the house (well as much as a fat cat can run), and licking her abdomen a LOT. She seems to want to lick her genitalia but she can’t eeally reach. She likes to lay on the hard floor too. I want to be around for when she has them, any idea when she could be due? Also, they have stopped kicking as of today. I have only felt very faint pats if even that. She is HUGE, almost twice as big as last time! Please someone answer and help me! I don’t want to be a worry worm but I just don’t know what to think of her actions. Please ask me any questions you have of her behavior if it helps!

steph1331

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well one thing I know that always helps is to jus keep a eye out for her belly to "drop" that is when the babies are getting into position in the birthing canal and it makes it look like her belly dropped or is suddenly kinda skinny. Once that happens it can generally be any day for the babies to come ^^

I'll let others chime in with a more complete response to ya lol I jus wanted to say something to help till someone does reply

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes and when she drops because kittens move into positions they cant move as much. So prob everything proceeding along the plan

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She will probably have them within a few days. If the kittens aren’t moving as much, it means they aren’t moving into the birthing position and don’t have much room. The fact that she’s locking her abdomen is also a sign she is beginning the first stage of labor.

I always try to watch out for the belly to drop, but honestly I’ve never been able to tell before my foster moms gave birth. So don’t worry if you don’t see the belly drop, it isn’t always very noticeable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larorig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys so much, that puts my mind at ease a little. She’s very wacky and sporadic so it’s hard to tell when her behavior is off. She’s definitely been nesting for a week or so and I think I can see a difference in her belly. Not so much a drop as much as it just seems tighter and more tense. It’s still very wide but it does seem like the whole belly is hanging a little lower. I can feel the kittens more defined tonight and not moving really much. Hoping for tomorrow afternoon and I will post when she does have them, keep the comments and advice coming! You guys rock.

She is cuddling with me right now and hopefully can get some rest, she seems very uncomfortable

larorig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes and when she drops because kittens move into positions they cant move as much. So prob everything proceeding along the plan
That is what I thought, but she still hasn’t had them and there’s definitely not as much movement. I can still feel little movements so I know they’re okay, but how many days after they slow their movement do you think it’s be? thanks for your help!

larorig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She will probably have them within a few days. If the kittens aren’t moving as much, it means they aren’t moving into the birthing position and don’t have much room. The fact that she’s locking her abdomen is also a sign she is beginning the first stage of labor.

I always try to watch out for the belly to drop, but honestly I’ve never been able to tell before my foster moms gave birth. So don’t worry if you don’t see the belly drop, it isn’t always very noticeable.
Thank you sorry I should have hit reply to respond. I didn’t notice last time she gave birth, or actually caught me by surprise because she didn’t really make any noises besides pushing either. Luckily I was home at that time! Hoping i’m home this time too, she’s still very pregnant though