Pregnant, how long before kittens

thendri8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I am new to having a pregnant cat that I can watch give birth!! Or know it’s so close…
I am wondering how long do you think we have?
I know that I have “noticed” she was pregnant for around 3-4 weeks… when I first noticed I thought maybe she was just getting fat… then about 5-6 days later I knew for sure she was pregnant

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Once you can see and/or feel kitten movement it’s about 2 more weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thendri8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, after we have the babies! Here spay/neuters are 3+months out in schedule

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get dad neutered if he's not. He can breed up to 2 weeks after his neuter and even force the female to go into heat as soon as the kittens are hours old. Males have one thing on their mind only lol.

thendri8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Get dad neutered if he's not. He can breed up to 2 weeks after his neuter and even force the female to go into heat as soon as the kittens are hours old. Males have one thing on their mind only lol.
Mom and babies are in a separate room from all other cats! We were scheduled when Drako got pregnant. I will be scheduling her about 6 weeks from now so she can be spay as soon as the kittens are weaned

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m melting from warm fuzzies…they all act like one big kitten.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! You should schedule 8 weeks from now; not six. The kittens wean best by 8 weeks, not six. They’ll still be nursing mom regardless. Blessings on the new babies. Watch for a runt!

Last edited:

thendri8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, decided to keep y’all in our journey. Momma cat is doing a wonderful job at being a young mother. Kittens are growing strong (gaining weight and strength) and she allows me to love on them, bring them out of the box while she eats. Today I brought them out for the first time for floor time!
ps I have taken them out 3-4 times prior for weigh in and right back in!

Attachments