Pregnant Foster Mama

nadiras

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, I have read so many posts in this forum for a long time and always forgot to join. This is is my first post.

I currently have a new foster and when I picked her up the person told me she was days away from delivery. That was 5 days ago. I have read through posts here and been observing her. So far she is not showing any signs of labor yet.

Unknown if this is her first litter, I felt her tummy yesterday and babies were active. Mama appears to be a small kitty and around 1.5 yrs old, I weighed her and she is around 8 lbs. I do have her on a high quality kitten food. She is in her own room away from my other pets. Beautiful girl and very, very loving.
Does anyone have advice on how to determine how far along she may be? Any advice on building a nesting box?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nadiras

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the articles. I just asked the directorescue of the the rescue if we can take her into vet for a check up soon. I am guessing she is around 7 weeks pregnant.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a foster right now that I am unsure of when she is due too, the waiting game is killing me! I look forward to seeing pictures of the babies!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even vets cannot predict when a cat will deliver.  Each one has it's own schedule.  Added to that they can delay labor or have kittens days apart.  She is a cutie. I thought 8lbs was on the large/average size for a female.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nadiras

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good news she delivered tonight. Labor happened really fast. Within 45 minutes she had 3 kittens. Started nursing right away. Who knows she may have more kittens. It has been 3 hours since last one. Mama has eaten moist and drank some water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congratulations! Glad it has gone well! [emoji]128522[/emoji]