Pregnant feral, what is best? Help!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marine

Hi, just FYI, I am waiting for some certificates from AZ Cats so that I can get the colony here all "fixed" up. Most of these cats are very food motivated and they come running when I put a can down, so I am sure I can trap them.

Keep in mind that my current concern is where I would keep them overnight while they recover. I have no "extra" rooms in my house, so I am trying to work something out. Too hot to keep them in cages outside now (100+ during the day and 80's at night)

Mom cat was upstairs when I got here this morning, but still no sign of babies. Her tummy is for sure smaller so I know she had them.
Could you ask AZCats if they have someone who can overnight a few cats? Then you could pick them up and rerelease them.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Katie,
I spoke with a lady from AZ Cats last week and she said that sometimes they have people who have accomodations, but not always. So I'd like to have a backup plan. Again, they are outside all day here anyway, so it's not like I am doing something really mean to them, but I worry that with surgery and the heat, there could be a problem. I have never TNR'd a cat, so I am ignorant on the subject. I am hoping that when they do actually send the certificates, I will be able to talk to someone again and get some details on how this kind of thing is done on a daily basis here in AZ!!
I'd hate to wait for fall (when putting them in the garage is no problem) because that just means more kittens.
Thanks again,
Denise