Pregnant Feral In Our Backyard.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
We rent a house, and the other day I saw a pregnant lynx point Siamese cat in our backyard. She was standing by our window and just staring at me. I wanted to help her, but I wasn’t really sure how. I didn’t want to bring her inside because I have my cats in here and I don’t think that would go very well. So I decided maybe I would leave some food out for her to see if she comes back, but my landlord, who lives next to us, told me he didn’t want us leaving out food and attracting the neighbourhood cats. So... I’m very conflicted. Poor girl is pregnant and I want to help, perhaps I could get her to a shelter but then I also worry about what might happen to her after she has her babies at the shelter. I also don’t want to get in trouble with my “evil” landlord. Should I just leave the food out anyway?

5D6647AA-BFD8-4652-84D9-F806999185D0.jpeg

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hopefully is someone's cat. I feed anything hungry that comes to my door.You might ask around the neighborhood to see if she is someone's or dumped. If the landlord doesn't want to feed starving cats then he should get them fixed to prevent the problem. They are going to come anyway, looking for help. I would feed her where he can't see, or away from the property, he can't control that, since he specifically told you not to it may be better that way anyway. If you can't find an owner, find a no kill shelter and ask for their help, they would know what to do. If there is an owner they are very irresponsible to just let her roam anyway.