Pregnant cats temperature

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Earlier when I got home there was a dark spot on her but I just figured it was because she had made a big mess in her litter box but then about 30 minutes later when i got finished doing something with my daughter i went to look at her and it was gone. So i am guessing she cleaned herself. earlier she kept digging in her litter box, she kept kicking up the litter in the floor.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There feel likes ripples on her sides. I noticed that earlier today. She still doesnt have any milk though but i'm not real worried about that b/c i have seen on here and heard from some family members that they dont always have there milk when they go into labor.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok, i checked the litter box and everything was normal. I just went in and checked on Sponge and she rolled over on her back. so i started rubbing her belly and she just layed there and did this purring whining sound. she acted like she enjoyed me rubbing her belly. so i'm going to go back in there and sit with her for a few minutes and rub her belly.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, thats what i am thinking. just an hour or so ago she didnt want her belly touched and now she is rolling over for me to rub it. Just like a woman! LOL

gizzysgrandma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any day now!!

Just keep her comfortable and give her a quiet warm and dark birthing area. She might move them afterwards to another location but so long as you give her an area that is warm and quiet to have the babies, she will do just fine

Use old towels or sheets for the birth!! you'll have to throw them away afterwards.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm finally back. She came out of the playroom and went to her litter box. she was squating like she really had to do something but only a tiny bit of pee came out. then she went to my bedroom and started for under my bed and i caught her and took her to the bathroom. I checked under her tail when i got her in the bathroom b/c while she was in here she kept stopping while she was walking and would like herself. anyways, i seen what looked like blood. also while i was watching her walk her sides like sunk in and she stopped walking for a second. So i am thinking it must have been a contraction???

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is NOT wanting to stay in the bathroom. When I opened the door just a little so I could get in there she ran out. So I am not making her go back if she doesnt want too. I will just keep a very close eye on her. I called my neighbor who has been through this a dozen times and has also studied some to become a vet and she is going to come over in a few minutes to check on her and let me know what she thinks.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's it going? I wanted to pop in and see how mommy and grandma are.

Now that the excitement is narrowing down after I got stuck half under the bed....the waiting game is on! Gotta luv it! LMAO I've been doing the waiting game with my daughter since I took her to the hospital on Saturday and they said we'll see ya back in 24-48 hrs......ya, right!

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was told that by my dr too and a week later he induced me! LOL How is your kitty doing?

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She may want you to stay with her while she is in labor.
You can feel the contractions at first, and when they begin getting stronger, you should be able to actually see them. Most of my queens will make their whiskers go straight forward and will stretch their back legs out, when they are having very hard contractions. Some of our will purr all the way through delivery, and some will growl and squeal in pain. It can go smootly or it can be hard, it is just the individual experience.
She may want it to the light to be dimmed. If you have a large box, that can be covered on most sides that works well.
Is she still eating? Some Momma's will stop right when labor begins, but most of mine eat like they will never eat again all they way up until delivery.
I have always had good luck knowing how far away birthing is from taking the temperature, but you do have to know what the cats normal body temperature is. One of my girls runs a normal higher body temperature so when she drops to 100. then she is usually ready to go, where as some lowere down to 99. before labor begins. It does seem to be closer to 48 hours, though, or maybe I just watch the clock too closely when we are expecting.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She just layed around. Everytime I go to check on her when I first start petting her she is still doing this whining meowing noise, I had never heard it before lastnight. She didnt try to get outside this morning when i let my other animals out, which is not normal for her. Her belly looks really low today. This may sound crazy but do pregnant cats stomachs drop likes ours do when we get close to delivering? I havent had a chance yet to see if she has milk yet, I plan on doing that in a few minutes.