Pregnant Cat

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is due to have her kittens around now, but for the last week she has a brown discharge, I took her to the vet last Saturday when it started and they said she was fine just to keep an eye on her. Is this normal? I’m super worried as this is my first litter. She is fine in every other way, eatting, drinking being her happy self

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes its normal. Discharge with a little blood in looks often brown.

Unless of course it has some foul smell.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay good, doesn’t have a foul smell but does have a little bit of a smell to it now, but I’m not sure if that’s because she can’t reach there to clean it. I’ve tryed to wait a wet towel but she’s not happy about it at all.
Yes its normal. Discharge with a little blood in looks often brown.

Unless of course it has some foul smell.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually, as long as a cat eats/drinks and doesn't seem distressed (hiding, sleeping a lot, meowing or pacing) they are OK. If she still hasn't delivered in the next week I would call the vet and ask what to do. Can you feel the babies move at all? Right before birth they do fall in line in the birth canal, so become harder to detect. After delivery, mama will be very much in need of extra nutrition and calories, so kitten food is good to give. Please keep us posted!

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s so round and hard I haven’t wanting to push on her to feel. I have brought the Royal Canin mother and baby cat, for when they have been born for her and babies when they are ready to get, the pet shop recommended it. She has been her normal self apart from the discharge! I will let you all know how she goes! Thank you
Usually, as long as a cat eats/drinks and doesn't seem distressed (hiding, sleeping a lot, meowing or pacing) they are OK. If she still hasn't delivered in the next week I would call the vet and ask what to do. Can you feel the babies move at all? Right before birth they do fall in line in the birth canal, so become harder to detect. After delivery, mama will be very much in need of extra nutrition and calories, so kitten food is good to give. Please keep us posted!
She’s fo

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She would be 61 days today if she fell pregnant the first time they mated. Which was the 26th of May

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
do you know how far along she is?63 days is normal. If she goes a week beyond that, she needs a vet.
NewShe would be 61 days today if she fell pregnant the first time they mated. Which was the 26th of May

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should be eating the kitten food now. You ideally want to feed it throughout the whole pregnancy and while she's nursing.

Can you keep her 100% inside and separated from intact males now? Would you like any help finding a low cost spay/neuter clinic for a few months from now?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is 61 days, the discharge would be normal then. Get ready, kittens coming! she may need you for moral support. Make sure she cleans all kittens, she may get exhausted half way through. she'll start looking for a nest now, make sure she doesn't pick one that means you can't get to her!

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She should be eating the kitten food now. You ideally want to feed it throughout the whole pregnancy and while she's nursing.

Can you keep her 100% inside and separated from intact males now? Would you like any help finding a low cost spay/neuter clinic for a few months from now?

She’s never been out side, none of my cats have. They are ragdolls. I’ve just brought an out door cat run for my male to be separate when she is on heat and she has a big cage inside for her and babies. I don’t need help desexing. I have a very good vet already thank you. And with the kitten food my vet told me to wait until they were here. But I already have the food so can change her over now.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to keep your male away when she isn’t in heat as well, as she could have silent heats.

How many litters do you have per year?

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she is 61 days, the discharge would be normal then. Get ready, kittens coming! she may need you for moral support. Make sure she cleans all kittens, she may get exhausted half way through. she'll start looking for a nest now, make sure she doesn't pick one that means you can't get to her!
You need to keep your male away when she isn’t in heat as well, as she could have silent heats.

How many litters do you have per year?
This is my first litter, and I’ll only be having one more then desexing both

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to buy yourt he powdered form of Kitten Milk Replacement. and start giving her some now and until the kittens are weened. The KMR will provide the mom cat the extra calories, minerals, and additional nutrients while she is pregnant and then while she is nursing the kittens. Good luck with the kittens. Keep us updated!

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s two and he’s is 1 and yes both have

Emmalee93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
02F15E1F-5F91-4C52-84AB-85696D152636.jpeg
She’s had 5 beautiful little kittens. I’m pretty sure she has finished now! Thank you all for your help :)