Pregnant Cat!

Florencekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I'm new to this cat site, my cat Florence is pregnant for the first time she is around 7-8 months and I was just wondering if you guys could give me some tips/advice and details that I should know for when they to come I can see them moving around and her nipples are enlarge and pink. Hope you can help cheers
image.jpeg image.jpeg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! We have a ton of great articles about pregnancy in cats. I’ll attach links. :)

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

How To Save Your Cat From These 16 Life-threatening Pregnancy Risks

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

Post-birth Complications In Cats

Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats

I understand this is a lot of information to sort through. Please do keep us updated, and let us know if you have any specific questions, problems, or concerns.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Florencekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What do u think is my cat to young? Will she be alright?

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is very young. You may want to watch her closely during the birth and with the babies. Read up on cat birth and anything that can go wrong. Young moms don’t always know what to do. You need to make sure she cuts the umbilical cord, stimulates them to urinate and deficate, and is feeding them often. Of course everything could very possibly go smoothly, but it’s best to be prepared!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep her inside 100% of the time until her kittens have weaned. Can you keep her away from intact males?

She can be spayed when the kittens are 2 months old. Do you need help finding a low cost clinic?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is very young, but in nature they become pregnant young and most manage...
So do prepare yourself as well you can, but hope for the best. :)

Young moms are often very good, but the instincts not always kick in immediately, so its wise to be extra prepared to help her out esp in the beginning.

Florencekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for this help she is still doing very well her babies should be due around 2 weeks away

Florencekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the babies ars moving around a bit she continually licks herself not just around her genital area everywhere. She is sleeping at the moment an has most the day nothing like blood or anything coming out of her vagina though? Any thoughts

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its apparently nearing, but it doesnt sounds as the real labor has began yet.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does stay indoors right? No intact males should be allowed near her. She can get pregnant again almost right away after giving birth. Please spay her :)

Florencekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, all is well she I haven't seen any signs yet she should have them sometime this week or early next week she is healthy i did stop feeding her as much because i believe she had gained belly fat but i think it was just the babies. Hope she has them soon i will post pictures

Florencekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Florence had her baby's successfully.. hr you go

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful! I understand she is an outdoor cat but are you able to keep her indoors until this litter is weaned and she is spayed? She can get pregnant again here in a week!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are adorable! Aside from keeping her in and spaying her, she should be able to eat as much kitten food as she wants while she is raising these babies.