Pregnant Cat

Annecheezy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi there!

I have two cats, one female one male. Neither are fixed and now the female is pregnant.

Ive gone through about three boxes now, because my male cat keeps spraying in the birthing boxes that i fix up for my pregnant cat.

My question is, will this affect my female cat? Will she choose the floor over the box because he has sprayed in it?? I only ask because im running out of boxes!

Thank you,

And yes, my male cat is being fixed soon and then my female after her kittens are born.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go ahead and separate them, it is hard to predict how they are going to react to each other once the kittens are there, she may get very protective and lash out, he may feel territorially insecure (it sounds like he does already).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Annecheezy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would go ahead and separate them, it is hard to predict how they are going to react to each other once the kittens are there, she may get very protective and lash out, he may feel territorially insecure (it sounds like he does already).

Hi! Yes ive got a spare room set up with a litter box, food and water dishes ready to go. My question was about the box... should i go ahead and find another one or is the sprayed one okay??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Annecheezy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Yes ive got a spare room set up with a litter box, food and water dishes ready to go. My question was about the box... should i go ahead and find another one or is the sprayed one okay??
Personally, i want to get another box. But again, i have already been through a few would need to find a new one after the box i have rn.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it a cardboard box? I am thinking she probably wouldn't use it if the urine has soaked into it... cats are weird though lol she might

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs a clean box. Keep your male away from her from now until she has been spayed.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs a clean box. Keep your male away from her from now until she has been spayed.
Very important to keep them apart all of the time no matter what until SHE is spayed. He can still get her pregnant a month or so after he has been neutered so keep that in mind.