Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phillygrl76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still just four kitty's. Mom is resting well, all the kittens are nursing.I want to change her blankets out so she can have clean dry ones but I also want to wait and make sure she's done having kittens. I noticed that the first kitten that was born the tip of his tail looks broken it's totally bent will that fix on its own

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still just four kitty's. Mom is resting well, all the kittens are nursing.I want to change her blankets out so she can have clean dry ones but I also want to wait and make sure she's done having kittens. I noticed that the first kitten that was born the tip of his tail looks broken it's totally bent will that fix on its own
Glad all is well!  That is probably permanent, and often a sign of inbreeding.  Nothing to worry about, though.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is the new family doing today? We'd love to see pictures when you get a chance! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

phillygrl76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering is there a chance of my cat possibly having more kittens in her belly I have not seen her pushing or anything but her belly still looks big maybe it's just because she just gave birth idk

quinnmcc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have 5 beautiful little darlings. 3 girls, 2 boys! All are healthy and gorgeously marked. Mama cat slept with me all night and insisted on being let out of my room early this morning, and then a few hours later I woke up to her on my bed howling in my face and brushing up against me. She's never been so vocal! I knew something was up. I looked over her, and sure enough some discharge was around her lady bits. She was pretty restless and demanded belly rubs while she was in her birth box. She'd only have contractions if I was rubbing her belly, it was amazing and definitely not just a coincidence. Not even an hour later the first kitten was born, a blue tabby boy. He was the biggest and she let me know just how much pain she was in, poor girl. I'm so proud of her, she did so well. All were born under 3 hours!
I truly believe she waited for me to be well rested and wanted me by her side during labour. She was definitely spoiled :)

We got a mixed bag!
1st kitten- blue tabby male
2nd kitten- solid blue female
3rd kitten- dark tabby with blonde highlights female
4th kitten- dark calico female
5th kitten- very pale peach male

They're all so content and nursing well. Nice round bellies on them too.

1 mama down, 1 more to go! Hopefully she delivers soon too.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering is there a chance of my cat possibly having more kittens in her belly I have not seen her pushing or anything but her belly still looks big maybe it's just because she just gave birth idk
Could be either!  Some cats do deliver kittens on different days, but her uterus is also stretched.

phillygrl76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I felt her stomach when she got up it feels empty she just looks kind of big still. She still resting peacefully with her babies she will not leave their side

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's just stretched, then. Her stomach will shrink. You've got a lovely little family, three like mom and one like dad. The three blonde ones will darken on the "points" as they grow older. The points are the coolest parts of their bodies, and that's what makes them darken. The will probably have blue eyes, too.

phillygrl76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you but now the hardest part comes in a few weeks I hate having to take them away from her to give them new homes but I can't keep them all. No more kitties for my little Mama she's getting fixed soon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to keep the kittens with mom for 10-12 weeks if possible. And re-homing them in pairs helps the kittens as well.

Last edited: