pregnant cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy, I wish I knew the answer I hope someone on here does! Have you asked your vet?
The vet said he'd do it in his own time but he's nearly 5 weeks and he doesn't seem interested one bit! I'm sure he'll be fine, he's just a bit slow :-)

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Snows great and their called white one is flake and and I'm keeping him so I now have snow flake lol I have tiny,simba and one called optimas prime lol I told my 10 year nephew he could name one lol

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd try the suggestion of letting him walk through some wet food mixed with KMR as then he's likely to lick his paws to clean them and might just develop the taste for it then

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's what I have let him do and he's been linking his paws so hopefully in the next few days he should try it and like it :-)

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will he lick it off your finger? With one of mine I had to do this and each time held my finger nearer to the plate of food and she did eventually start to lap at it, she's the only girl and still day tier than the other 3 and doesn't eat as much as her greedy brothers even now at almost 9 weeks

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Snows great and their called white one is flake and and I'm keeping him so I now have snow flake lol I have tiny,simba and one called optimas prime lol I told my 10 year nephew he could name one lol
haha thats cute optimus prime, i love it :-)... It totally makes sense to call him flake. How's his hearing? Does he respond to sounds like bells?

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm now beginning to become really worried about Felix, he's 5 weeks today and still only weighs 369g. I've tried everything I can to get him eating or even lapping milk but he won't have any of it. The vet say he's fine and he will do it in time but I'm really concerned! He's only gained 33g since he was 3 wks 3 days. When he was 336g. I'm exhausted from research, I've tried KMR with meat, ive tried just KMR, I've tried rubbing it on his legs for him to clean off, I've put it on his toys. He backs away from it like he's scared of it. Tiggs still has some fluid in her nipples but only 3 nipples have white milk, the others are like a cloudy white colour. What do I do? Please help! tulosai tulosai StefanZ StefanZ or anyone who might have any ideas they are all welcome!

Last edited:

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a quick note, next doors 2 week old kittens are all weighing around the same as Felix, one is heavier!

Last edited:

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I'm now beginning to become really worried about Felix, he's 5 weeks today and still only weighs 369g. I've tried everything I can to get him eating or even lapping milk but he won't have any of it. The vet say he's fine and he will do it in time but I'm really concerned! He's only gained 33g since he was 3 wks 3 days. When he was 336g. I'm exhausted from research, I've tried KMR with meat, ive tried just KMR, I've tried rubbing it on his legs for him to clean off, I've put it on his toys. He backs away from it like he's scared of it. Tiggs still has some fluid in her nipples but only 3 nipples have white milk, the others are like a cloudy white colour. What do I do? Please help! @tulosai @StefanZ or anyone who might have any ideas they are all welcome!
Hi!

He is a bit behind where he should be in terms of weight at this point, yes.

Can you explain in detail what solid food you are trying to wean him onto  and how you are trying to do this? Are you trying to wean him? By 5 weeks he should be well on his way to eating solids.

Once you tell us what you've tried I will try to give some more suggestions on how to wean him.  I think it sounds like the issue may  simply be that he needs to transition to real food.

How is his activity level?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I want to suggest, try with goat milk.  Fresh if you can get it, bottled is OK.

I dont know why, its perhaps a stupid feeling, and exagerrated confidence in goat milk,  but try.   That is my advice for now.

If you dont have problems with salomonella in eggs in your place, you can even add an egg yolk with this goat milk - making it very nourishing.

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just a quick note, next doors 2 week old kittens are all weighing around the same as Felix, one is heavier!
Also, try with a nourishing vitamine paste, in drops or as a paste.  You will surely find some brands in a good pet shop nearby.   Read the labels and choose...   Or google, or let us google - if we know the exact brand, we can help you google, and choose.

Normally such vitamine additions are seldom necessary. But here we dont have this normally, here we do have this odd situation needing extra solutions.

goat milk nor extra vitamines wont help him much if he has some real big fault in his body.  but both may be just what is needed if he is s a in-between...

Breeders in Poland use quite often vitamine preparates for queens or kittens when they seems to need it.

Good luck!

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I started by making up KMR and tried getting him to lick it off my finger. Then I tried mixing it with Iams kitten food. He wouldn't have any of it. He's so active though, he can run and jump with ease, he chases toys everywhere and he's recently met my male cat Sam for the first time and seem quite interested in him. he still suckles off Tiggs but she doesn't Like it so much now because he has teeth.

Today he's made a small improvement by licking some KMR off my finger, just the once but it's an improvement. I still offer him the food but he won't take it willingly. Also today, I wiped the food/KMR mix on his legs and tail and he cleaned himself. Maybe he's just late developer but I'm not convinced it's that simple. I will update you on any progress and I will make sure I keep trying anything anyone suggests.

Here's a pic I took of him today.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww he's a real cutie, I hope he starts to eat for you soon I know it must be a real worry, it certainly sounds like he's not suffering for it though so he must still be getting enough from mum, maybe he nurses most of the night?

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I started by making up KMR and tried getting him to lick it off my finger. Then I tried mixing it with Iams kitten food. He wouldn't have any of it. He's so active though, he can run and jump with ease, he chases toys everywhere and he's recently met my male cat Sam for the first time and seem quite interested in him. he still suckles off Tiggs but she doesn't Like it so much now because he has teeth.

Today he's made a small improvement by licking some KMR off my finger, just the once but it's an improvement. I still offer him the food but he won't take it willingly. Also today, I wiped the food/KMR mix on his legs and tail and he cleaned himself. Maybe he's just late developer but I'm not convinced it's that simple. I will update you on any progress and I will make sure I keep trying anything anyone suggests.

Here's a pic I took of him today.
He is absolutely adorable! I hope everything goes smooth with the little guy! He is a fighter!