Pregnant Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samdaman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I have not updated. Yet another one died. I Only have one left. I think/hope he will survive. He is nice and fat. I have talking to a no kill rescue here in AZ and they tell me Bella might be sick. Maybe FLV,FIV, toxoplasmosis, herpes infection. What do you think?

I think all this happened because the kittens only used 2 nipples. And one had extreme use, where the fat kitten got milk I checked the other 4 and they where tangled with hair and other stuff.

Bella seems to be fine. Once I get money, Im spaying her, deworming her and all that stuff.

Thanks for all the interest and good thoughts.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh please know I am extremely sorry for these losses you have endured these last few days. This is very sad for you and Bella too, I am sure. Has Bella ever been tested for FELK/FIV? I am sending you mega for that last kitten, he sounds like he is doing well. Just stay in touch and if there is any other way we can help you, support is here

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat is beautiful. I'm so sorry that the kittens died. I hope that last 1 is healthy and ok. Are you going to keep him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samdaman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Your cat is beautiful. I'm so sorry that the kittens died. I hope that last 1 is healthy and ok. Are you going to keep him?
Was, bad news. My las kitten died. with mouth open like the last 2. He was sorta "gasping" for air any ideas. Thanks for all the hlep everyone. This stinks. Is my queen sick?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's likely something is wrong with her. If she were totally healthy, the kittens should not have died. Kittens born to a FeLV positive mother generally don't live long, so that's a possibility. She should have a full checkup as soon as you can get her in. There are STDs cats can have (besides FeLV), and who knows who the father cat was? He could have had all kinds of diseases.

At any rate, make sure she doesn't get out again before she's spayed, or you'll end up doing all this over again. Losing her kittens will make her go back into heat faster, so keep an eye on her. She can be spayed as soon as the milk dries up. . .probably about a week or so.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am very sad to hear this news and sorry for you. I think it would be in the best interest of Bella to get her to a vet immediately for a full check-up. She also needs to be spayed. I am sure this has been very hard on Bella too losing her kittens this week. I wish you the best and hope you can get Bella healthy. Please keep posting, we care

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you don't know the background on a cat, you have NO idea what may be genetically wrong or what was passed on to the kittens. Many things could have cause the death of the kittens.

I'm thinking there could have been blood type incompatability - this can cause the death of kittens if mom is a B blood type and the kittens were A types - the nursing would have killed them.

Sorry for the loss of everyone, but I do hope that you have scheduled mom to be spayed now.

chloe16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please get her spayed. I just lost a cat during the birthing process. I would also get her checked out by a vet asap.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a cat that had kittens. I've never even seen a cat have kittens except on t.v. I don't know why the kittens all got sick and died. I'm so sorry to read that the last one died to.